Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone using Causerie on the 680 without resets? I am thinking of giving it a try now the verichat is going away but need it to be stable.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I'm giving Causerie a try, too. So far the alerts doesn't work out for me. Maybe Palm did change the LED impletation??

anyway, it's time to type a report to their help support.
  3.    #3  
    Please keep me in the loop, I am very anxious to install an IM app but also nervous on the stability issue.
  4.    #4  
    I would also be curious as to the battery drainage from Causerie. I know Verichat hogged it pretty good.
    bokaplan: Please ensure that you have installed latest version 3.2.4zf. If not
    uninstall old version, reset twice and download from link given below:

http://mantragroup.com/downloads/pro...ie-3.2.4zf.prc

Battery drain is zero even when you are using data connection.

The alerts preferences are ignored when Causerie is running in background.

aaronchow: Please send an email to support@mantrgroup.com for assistance.
  6.    #6  
    What I am more curious of is the behavior with the 680, have there been issues RESETS?
    Reset on Treo 680 with causerie is the first one we have come across. Could you please send email to support@mantragroup.com with the issue description.
  8.    #8  
    Let me explain, I am inquiring about anyone having resets and inquiring about the software. Sorry for the confusion.

Has anyone had these issues, I have not installed yet but wanted to see what others experiences were.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I installed Causerie yesterdya, and so far it is running great on my device. No reset if that's what you want to know.

One feature I really miss from VeriChat is that LED notification when I receive a message while running in background mode. Maybe if I ask nicely, they will consider adding this feature in the future release.

BTW, their tech support is better than what I heard from other members. I emailed them yesterday night, and they emailed me back today afternoon. And also I like the fact that they are monitoring different BBS, so I'm pretty sure I will go for this one as my choice now.
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronchow View Post
    BTW, their tech support is better than what I heard from other members. I emailed them yesterday night, and they emailed me back today afternoon. And also I like the fact that they are monitoring different BBS, so I'm pretty sure I will go for this one as my choice now.
    Oh, their support is actually pretty good... as long as your issue doesn't require the developers to get involved. That's sadly where they fall over. Any beef I have with MantraGroup is more about their lack of developer response and lack of regular releases (regardless of the cycle).
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaplan View Post
    What I am more curious of is the behavior with the 680, have there been issues RESETS?
    I've only just received my graphite 680 today. But since this morning Causerie seems to be doing just fine. If anything, I find that the overall behavior of my application set (predominantly ChatterMail and Causerie) is actually performing quite well, and better than my experience with the 650. That doesn't mean there aren't application issues to resolve, but overall the experience has been good so far.

I should also point out that I had been reset free for quite a while on my 650 with the same stack. Given the 680's additional resources and behavior, I think I can actually get away with doing more (I'm interested in seeing how it does with multimedia, perhaps once I get an increased-capacity battery) than I could even dream on my 650 w/o fearing memory outages or resets.
  12.    #12  
    Is it possible to only see the friends that are online?
  13.    #13  
    Is it possible to show idle to others when using Causerie
    Yes to the first and don't think so on the second
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Is it possible to only see the friends that are online?
    Absolutely. In fact, if you are on the latest 3.2.4xx (latest xx being ZF) releases, then the icon second from the right at the top, when tapped, cycles through several display modes for the buddy list. The M with the dotted circle simply breaks the whole list into subtrees of "online" and "offline." The happy face icons that have yellow *and* other colors include both on and offline buddies. The ones you're looking for are the single yellow happy face (logged in users grouped by IM service) and triple-yellow face (logged in users grouped by buddy group).
  16.    #16  
    Thanks!

What about creating groups, how do I do this?
    You can change the status message and also create custom status message.
    The status message can be changed by highlighting the IM account type in the buddy list and tapping “Change Status” option from the top menu.
    To create custom status message, tap on the IM account type in the buddy list, and a list of status messages will come up in the popup list, the last option is “Custom Status”. An “Add Status” form is displayed – enter your new custom status and click “OK” to save it and change to the new status.
    Thanks!

What about creating groups, how do I do this?
    You can't as of now. It pulls from the server from the various IM services only and you can't move folks around into different groups or create your own (a la Trillian)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    But you can add/delete buddies in existing groups. So you could "move" that way.
    bokaplan: While adding a user or buddy a new group (category) can be created. To add a user to the new group, select the “Other” option in Choose Group and specify the group name to be created. Once the group name is entered, a new group is created and the user is added to the group
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast