1.    #1  
    I had read that people were downloading very large files using their 700p, so I hosted some video files online and I tried downloading them and they always timed out. This is not the case with anything under about 20mb in size, video or music under that limit I have no problem with. A screen comes up and says save to card or to phone, etc but larger files don't even pop up and ask if i want them saved to the card, they always just time out. Any ideas?
    I have the same issue and still have not gotten an anwser. I think sprint (in my case) is limiting the size of the files I can download. The funny thing is in the morning I can download no problem, but by the afternoon, it will not. I use the internet alot on my phone so I think it is trying to limit my daily download amount. I usually stream audio all day at work so by the time I am off work, they are not letting me download even 2mb files. Anyone else having this problem?
    I download 60-80MB podcast files from my Sprint/700p/Blazer all the time.
    So is there any way around the 2 mb limit on Treo 650 or do i have to get the 700 to download more
    Well, for the 650, I think you need to use a program like downloader (free) or shark downloader (also free).

For the 700p, it only shows up when I hve been using the internet ALOT that day. If I stream from 6:00am-4:00pm, I almost can't download anything. But if I do not use it that much, it seems better. But also, I am not sure if this is the reason (me being that reason) or if it is the network, because my wife has a treo 700p as well and she never download stuff and I got the same problem. I am not sure what it is. Anyone have a clue?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Are you talking about downloading on the phone or via DUN? Ilve noticed sometimes blazer says page too large, even with plenty of room for cache and memory. As far as dun, sounds like either you need to keep the connenction going every 2-3 ,minutes by(mac) 'prompt to keep connection active', pinging, or echo packets. Or your just losing service while in the middle of the downloads. I am on Vzw so I can't say Ilve experienced this, but I find it hard to believe sprint would limit on a daily/hourly rate data amounts. But not impossible. I know verizon boots people over @ 10 gigs terminating their contract, but they also say no streaming allowed in the contract. Sprint has no such restrictions I know of. Good Luck!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I download 60-80MB podcast files from my Sprint/700p/Blazer all the time.
    What site are you downloading them from? I really don't know what to think, if its Sprint somehow (I don't necessarily think they are limiting peoples data usage) or if some of the 700P's are buggy with that issue.

And so I'm more clear, yeah I meant directly from the 700P and blazer. DUN works fine, no limits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nauticaboy503 View Post
    What site are you downloading them from? I really don't know what to think, if its Sprint somehow (I don't necessarily think they are limiting peoples data usage) or if some of the 700P's are buggy with that issue.

And so I'm more clear, yeah I meant directly from the 700P and blazer. DUN works fine, no limits
    Usually 1up.com or gamestop.com and neogaf.com etc. All the frequent podcasts I use quicknews to download at 4AM in the morning.