1.    #1  
    I was just checking out Google Maps (which incidently does not appear to be working) on my brand new Arctic and guess what drove across the screen? The Taxi! My first 680 sigthing, no more then 10 minutes after turning the unit on.

Dunc
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I completely forgot about the Taxi. Just placed my easter egg in the power settings. Lets see how long it takes for it to show up.
    When I read the title of the thread, I was sure I was going to hear a story of a brand spanking new Treo 680 falling out of someone's pocket in a taxi cab....

Thank goodness it was just the Easter Egg!!!

Been trying for a long time to get a screen shot of that sucker -- legitimately, not by photoshop. No luck yet ... can't press the buttons fast enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I was just checking out Google Maps (which incidently does not appear to be working) on my brand new Arctic and guess what drove across the screen? The Taxi! My first 680 sigthing, no more then 10 minutes after turning the unit on.

Dunc
    can someone please translate?
    I thought the same thing as Patrick, WHEW!!! I would have been so sad for you LOL!

But yay for the taxi!
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
    isnt this the same thread title that lasted months on the 650 board?

can someone please translate?
    it is an easter egg. you activate it by doing something, which i forget, and eventually you will see a yellow taxi driving by.

I think I had it activated on my 600 and it would always freak me out.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    What is the activation again?? Counter clockwise circle in the lower right hand corner of the power pref screen?? I can't remember.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    and this reminded me that I had mine turned "on" but have not seen a taxi ever - or in the 2 months I had it on!

yes - counter clockwise circle in lower right hand corner - small circle.
    Was it late last night? Did you hear the screen door slam?

Being from Dallas, they definitely paved Paradise and put up a parking lot . . . and some condos!

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasAtty View Post
    Was it late last night? Did you hear the screen door slam?
    It was actually this morning, not late last night. But I did think that I heard the screen door slam!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    and this reminded me that I had mine turned "on" but have not seen a taxi ever - or in the 2 months I had it on!

yes - counter clockwise circle in lower right hand corner - small circle.
    In the power Pref screen?? It anit workinng for me..
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Yes - about the size of the center 5-way button and do it somewhat slow. It took me about 5 trys.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    In the power Pref screen?? It anit workinng for me..
    Right above the "Tips" button, draw your egg.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Anybody seen a snipe around here?

Can't tell if mine worked. Should I get a response? I'd done this years ago with both my 600 and my 650 and I ain't never seen a taxi. Like Chicago on a snowy day!

Thanks! Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    i saw the taxi today.

i put the phone down with out turning it off, and noticed it as it was exiting the screen. i freaked, for half a second, before i realized what it was.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.