1.    #1  
    Is anyone planning to select the Unlimited PDA plan in order to save the $100 and then changing it once you receive the rebate? I've heard stories, but am curious about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmithBryanJ View Post
    Is anyone planning to select the Unlimited PDA plan in order to save the $100 and then changing it once you receive the rebate? I've heard stories, but am curious about it.
    That is EXACTLY what I am going to do. I was going to keep my $19.99 plan (which was an unlimited plan as well), but decided to move to the PDA plan based on a discussion I had with the Cingular store and a Senior Manager at Customer Service. They told me that the provisioning of the 680 is different for the 2 plans, and the performance would be different. I told them I though that it was a load of Bulls , but if they were willing to put my business, and that potentially that of my company, I would listen!!!

So, I got them to give me a letter, in writing, signed by the store and the CS manager that I could get the rebate, and if I did not agree that the new plan was working better for me, that I could change back anytime I wanted to. I do not have to wait for the rebate to arrive, as my account had been noted already. I got the 680 on 11/21, the billing period starts 12/4, and I can change back anytime after 1/4/07. I only needed to be on the new plan for 1 month, so the net hit to my rebate is going to be $40, if I decide to switch back. My company subsidizes a major portion of my Mobile phone plan up to a maximum, so while it does not effect my personal wallet, I will not just let it go.

I am getting blazer speeds 3 to 4 times what I got on my 650, but I know that has nothing to do with the fact that I am on the PDA plan....at least I am reasonable sure that is the case.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I'm using the 19.99 plan on the 680 and the 750v and I do see the speed improvement on the 680 compared to 650 speeds. In general I don't think the speed really is faster download but fewer pauses and lags in downloading the data then in previous Treos. So the speed you are seeing is not related to the PDA plan.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Yeah, the speed difference is more likely having EDGE capability on the 680. I'm for sure going to try the $20 plan soon & see how it goes.
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
    $20 plan working fine for me
    awesome, tx!
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I'm using the 19.99 plan on the 680 and the 750v and I do see the speed improvement on the 680 compared to 650 speeds. In general I don't think the speed really is faster download but fewer pauses and lags in downloading the data then in previous Treos. So the speed you are seeing is not related to the PDA plan.

Did you actually do speed tests with the 650, and then test speeds again with the 680? Just curious, because I tested the 650 on a regular basis, and always got speeds of about 55-90 kbits/sec (dslreports). When I got the 680 and the new PDA plan, I am now, on a regular basis, seeing tested speeds of 160 - 205 kbits/sec.

What is really interesting though, is during the time when I had to box up and return my 1st 680 to exchange for the 2nd (current), I had to go back to my 650, and I did a couple of tests, and was getting speeds over 100 kbits/sec. This is what has me perplexed, and wondering about Cingulars claims.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >