Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I first posted this problem nearly 3 months ago on the treo 650 hardware discussion - now I have a treo 700p and it is still a big problem . It has to do with the way my (verizon) phone dials the 'more' digits when using a speed dial.

I have several speed dials set to page certain pagers to my phone. So, the speeddial dials the central paging #. The 'more' digits then pause, and dial the individual pager access#, followed by another pause, and then my cellphone #. When this works correctly, the individual carrying that pager is automatically paged to my cellphone. I use this capability many times a day.

It appears that the digits are sometimes jumbled. I cannot find any pattern. Sometimes the wrong pager gets paged to my phone (I know this because the wrong person answers) and sometimes the correct pager gets paged to the wrong number (I know this because many of the people recognize the similarity to my cellphone and call me back anyway - informing me of the jumbled numbers)

Can it be that I am the only one who has this problem!!

For me, this is a significant problem. I really appreciate any help on this. Thanks!
    Bill
    I found that automatically dialing the 'more digits' wasn't dependable. So, I changed all of them to non-automatic, and hit the More Digits icon after the main number is dialed. That works 99% of the time
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    JHB,
    thanks for the reply. Gee that seems kind of lame that something that is microprocessor automated cant be reliable. I wonder if this is a solvable problem. You say that when done manually, it is 99% accurate - what are the failures?
    Thanks again,
    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by drwillec View Post
    JHB,
    thanks for the reply. Gee that seems kind of lame that something that is microprocessor automated cant be reliable. I wonder if this is a solvable problem. You say that when done manually, it is 99% accurate - what are the failures?
    Thanks again,
    Bill

I think the processor doesn't assign the same time to ',' as before. I couldn't put enough of them in place to be dependable.

Also, sometimes, I think that the 'more' digits get sent too fast for the receiving equipment. (I have noticed the same problem on my office phone.)
    I've found that TAKEphONE is pretty reliable when it comes to dialing extra digits. Also, 2dial, by the same developer, can do the same thing. I don't know if this will address your particular problem but its worth a shot. Both apps are availbe through with a trial period.