Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
    Nice. Can I ask which BMW you have and which bluetooth system you have in it?

I have a 2006 X5 with the Bluetooth Assist package and I'm planning to get a Treo 680 this week.
    I have a 2006 525 and I'm not sure what the bluetooth system is (don't think I upgraded anything regarding it except for possibly the nav). As for whether it is my entire contacts...after reading some of the above posts I must say that I cannot attest that it is my entire contact list because I haven't done a one-on-one comparison, but it is much, much more than my favorites (especially since I haven't set any up yet ). I will try to figure it out more the next time I'm sitting in traffic or waiting for my kids to get out of school or something.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r6girl View Post
    so, i just went into the garage to check the contacts that upload to my X3, and it's definitely more than the favorites (still only 4 in my favorites so far), but it's not all of my contacts. i counted - there are 63 contacts that load into my X3 from my treo (out of 200+), but the contacts that load do not match any contact categories on my treo! it seems to be some random subset of my contacts that upload. ugh. it's late. i'm tired. i have no idea why it works this way...
    correction! i figured out what contacts from my 680 are uploading to my car: it's my SIM card's phonebook! it hit me last night just as i was drifting off to sleep and i woke myself up to check my 680 and verified it.

not sure why it does this, but at least i know i can edit the phone book on my SIM card to get the contacts i want to have access to in my car...
    Aha!! That would make sense to me. I don't keep any contacts on my SIM, so now it makes sense the difference we are seeing. I only get the favorites synced and don't have any SIM contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by r6girl View Post
    correction! i figured out what contacts from my 680 are uploading to my car: it's my SIM card's phonebook! it hit me last night just as i was drifting off to sleep and i woke myself up to check my 680 and verified it.

not sure why it does this, but at least i know i can edit the phone book on my SIM card to get the contacts i want to have access to in my car...
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Aha!! That would make sense to me. I don't keep any contacts on my SIM, so now it makes sense the difference we are seeing. I only get the favorites synced and don't have any SIM contacts.
    I've never owned a Treo, so I have what is probably a dumb question here:

When you add contacts to favorites, are you making an extra entry for that contact where the phone number and info is actually copied to a different location, or are you just making a "shortcut" to that contact?

In case you didn't follow that question completely, what I am basically asking is: suppose you have a contact in your favorites and their phone number changes......do you have to update the number in both your contacts and your favorites, or does simply updating it in your contacts automatically update the favorite also?

The reason I ask is that in order to use my car kit, I will probably put most of my contacts in the favorites, and if there is not a hard link between the two, managing them could become quite an annoyance.
    I like how you can copy all the contacts from the SIM card, and then set the Treo to not show the SIM contacts.
    You can either add a number directly into a favorite (in which case there is no link). Or you can link a favorite to a contact, in which case the number is gotten from the contact. You would want to do the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
    I've never owned a Treo, so I have what is probably a dumb question here:

When you add contacts to favorites, are you making an extra entry for that contact where the phone number and info is actually copied to a different location, or are you just making a "shortcut" to that contact?

In case you didn't follow that question completely, what I am basically asking is: suppose you have a contact in your favorites and their phone number changes......do you have to update the number in both your contacts and your favorites, or does simply updating it in your contacts automatically update the favorite also?

The reason I ask is that in order to use my car kit, I will probably put most of my contacts in the favorites, and if there is not a hard link between the two, managing them could become quite an annoyance.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123