Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Sad. My verichat registration ended today. Now what? Been faithful to Verichat for so long, I dont even keep up with latest IM software/news. I didnt even know it was taken off the market til today, as I tried to register.

Nice.

So now what? Tell me the next best replacement software for this chat software that you have been using. If possible, the price, the homepage, and what you LEAST like about it. We can always talk about how good it can be, but please leave some notes about what annoys you about your listed program.

Thanks in advance!
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    I've been using Causerie for a while, mostly because the final release of VeriChat caused me too much reset headache. Causerie may not be perfect but it works well enough for me.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    sorry for the bump.... been chat-less and it's killing me.
    1.04-SPNT
    I use Causerie as well and have since its inception, albeit not as often as others who are out and about. The thing I like least about it is not the product itself, but the total ebb and flow of support/new releases... they go almost completely silent for months, focusing on their other products (it seems), then come back with a vengeance for a few months, then disappear again...if you're using a 650 I would say it would be a good bet for you. For 700 owners there's a serious lag apparently when going into background mode, that hasn't been resolved in months...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Causerie has a weird connection issue when you return from enabling SMS in the background. If you re-run the application it says "Connection failed'. I already talked to customer support and it's a known issue...Gonna miss Verichat...
    Does anyone here use AOL 3.3?

I'm waiting to get my Graphite unlocked 680, but I was planning on purchasing this software for IM since I also use AOL for my email and figured it would be nice to have both in a single program.
    Sad sad sad all together....!! I can't believe Verichat is been flushed down the toilet. What a waste.... hey at least if they don't want to keep support for it then sell the code and rights to some other company... You know... why just let it die like this???? Didn't Treocentral lately did a review on it?

Al
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I've seen all these posts about messengers but I haven't found one about ChitChat. I tried it on my Treo and it worked fine. I think it's only for MSN though. Not sure.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JiNnEr View Post
    I've seen all these posts about messengers but I haven't found one about ChitChat. I tried it on my Treo and it worked fine. I think it's only for MSN though. Not sure.
    can anyone confirm? and if it is open to other IMs, whats your thoughts on it?
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    http://www.mundu.com/

try that. maybe you will like it.
    I didnt know that verichat went out. sad indeed.

ike301 try searching for the "verichat runs like 650" on the 700p thread.
    VeriChat.RunsLike650.prc
    People said it works after your license expires. I dont know if it will even work for the 650, but if you are a VC fan. you have nothing to lose.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I loved the GUI of Verichat, and I will definitely miss it, but it didn't do Google Talk, which is what most of my friends have switched to. Try IM+. Not nearly as pretty, but it does support background mode, Jabber, and Google Talk.
    I've been using Chatopus for quite a while. Since it's really just Jabber, you can tie in to most other IM systems (AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, etc.).
    Indianmack: Our development team is working on this issue and it will be
    fixed soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mantra support View Post
    Indianmack: Our development team is working on this issue and it will be
    fixed soon.
    Oh, you so had to know this was coming... should we get our hopes up that we might have a release before the end of the year? First quarter of '07? First half of '07? We've been hanging out here for a while now with 3.24zf.... it would be nice to get some love from the developers finally....
    Quote Originally Posted by bnocturnal View Post
    I've been using Chatopus for quite a while. Since it's really just Jabber, you can tie in to most other IM systems (AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, etc.).
    Personally, I thought Chatopus held some promise... but I just couldn't get it to deal with my buddy lists the way I really wanted, nor was finding the appropriate gateway for each IM a straightforward matter.
    Personally, I thought Chatopus held some promise... but I just couldn't get it to deal with my buddy lists the way I really wanted, nor was finding the appropriate gateway for each IM a straightforward matter.
    Yes, it is a pretty basic Jabber implementation. I found it easier to use, as I was already using Jabber on my desktop PC... I didn't try setting up the gateways and buddy lists on the treo itself, which seems like it could be a bit trickier... (Psi is a great, free, Jabber client for Windows, Mac, and linux.),

(Jabber in general is not, in my opinion, the most user-friendly of chat systems, but once you have it up and running, it does the job quite nicely.)
    IM+ looks good, anyone using it or know about it? Especially on a Treo 700p...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I don't have big buddy list and my company pays for the 1000 sms mesaages a month. Therefore, the free AIM mobile by sms works for me. I'm shown as always connected and I can check to see which of my buddies are available. I do admit that the service is too cumbersome for most other people.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ^rhino,
    I used it briefly and was satisfied. It did support google chat and that is what I used. I find that I don't IM as much as I email and text so I deleted it. No resets or issues for me.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    ^rhino,
    I used it briefly and was satisfied. It did support google chat and that is what I used. I find that I don't IM as much as I email and text so I deleted it. No resets or issues for me.
    Thanks for the info, thinking about it too, I don't either. I'm going to load the free AIM prc, since everyone I know is on AOL
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast