Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    verichat is still working fine for me. why switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin3 View Post
    They stopped selling Verichat, so whenever your current 1 year license expires, that will be the end. You cannot purchase another year. Some people are facing that situation now, so they have to switch to another program.
    Toccer
    I switched primarily because I had to choose between (a) running out of TCP sockets or (b) constantly crashing my phone whenever someone sent me a msg. Not good options. I waited for PDA Apps to come out with a new release, but after 4 or 5 months, no release, and eventually not even replies to emails I neglected to renew and switched.

Everyone's mileage on this varies. But this is one of those applications, with all it's bugs, that doesn't consistently work for everyone. *shrug* Although Causerie (what I switched to) has warts, I see lots fewer complains of unusable scenarios. Sadly, there isn't something at quite the calibert of ChatterMail for the IM community.
    like peterlemonjello, i also use toccer since most people i know all have aol/aim
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Lucky me. I love Verichat and my license does not expire till Oct 24 2007 By then, I hope someone has come out with a good IM program that does Yahoo, AIM and MSN messenger like Verichat
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    IM+ looks good, anyone using it or know about it? Especially on a Treo 700p...
    I don't use it a lot, but do a couple of times a week. I have found it to be reliable and work well.

O'Tree
    I'm using the patched version that works like 650 and I don't believe it expires so until it quits working I'll keep using it.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    I'm using the patched version that works like 650 and I don't believe it expires so until it quits working I'll keep using it.
    can you PM me the prc? also, are you using a 700 or 650?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    I switched primarily because I had to choose between (a) running out of TCP sockets
    I got to the point of making major changes to my email configuration (consolidating mailboxes, having Chatter IDLE fewer boxes) to deal with VeriChat's eating of sockets.

I landed up switching to Causerie a few months ago mainly of the socket issue, crashes, and because I suddenly needed Jabber support and I didn't see it coming from PDAApps/Intellisync/Nokia... Causerie isn't perfect (the interface is a bit clunky, emoticons don''t work 100% with most protocols because Causerie uses what I think is Yahoo emoticon code for all protocols) but it works rather well.

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    couldn't we just use Verichat offline and NOT always on? Wouldn't this make it more stable especially with Chatter - ? (700p)

IM+ doesn't stay "always on" for me.

I still have yet to find a real VC replacement !! A pity really.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Ah, and thus the catch 22. SMS mode was extremely reset-prone for me on the 650. So I got to choose between socket warnings in an endless loop or resets in an endless loop, in the worst situations. I was desperate for a fix from PDAApps that was never going to come. *shrug*
    Just an update for those interested in Causerie. Support is indicating that a new release is forthcoming in the next week or two (see MantraGroup forums). It's starting to sound like reality, since they aren't usually so specific about timeframe. No details yet on what's fixed or improved.
    forget abt verichat, i can't believe it lacks of 2 most fundamental features:

1. change MSN nickname;
    2. receive new email notification.

for 1, i have to sign in my msn on desktop and then sign in back on verichat in order to change nickname

for 2, both causerie and mundu are integrated with this feature for msn, can't believe verichat can't do it, considering it's so-called the 'best' IM software and been out for many years.
    All these discussions should come with a YMMV disclaimer. Personally, I don't mix IM and email, so although I know it *can* do this I use an actual email client to keep tabs on that. It's interesting to me to hear that folks do use that stuff tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    All these discussions should come with a YMMV disclaimer. Personally, I don't mix IM and email, so although I know it *can* do this I use an actual email client to keep tabs on that. It's interesting to me to hear that folks do use that stuff tho.
    Agreed - 1st thing I do on any IM app is turn OFF the email notification!
    especially the be-bonk sound Causerie makes for this
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    well, different people got different needs. email notification is important for me on both desktop and Palm. Since versamail on sprint's treo doesn't integrate with hotmail, being able to receive new hotmail email notification is definitely my No.1 feature for IM wishlist.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    for the record, i demoed both causrie and mundu. sorry, they both hella suck. the buddy lists are hard to manage (mundu didnt even pick up my sub-buddy lists. it only picked the main list.) then the swtich back and forth from chat screens to other chat screens were hairy.... going to check out IM+ later this week... any other ones?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    You can download Causerie 3.2.5 version which handles SMS and Always On issues from the below link:

http://mantragroup.com/downloads/pro...erie-3.2.5.prc
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast