1.    #1  
    Greetings.

I have searched the Internet, using Google and have also searched this forum for advice on unlocking my Verizon 700p for usage on Sprint's network. I have recently moved and Verizon does not properly serve its customers in this area, so much so, that they are willing to let me out of my contract without the $175 early disconnection fee.

As anyone who owns a 700p knows: buying it is costly for the average joe, in the first place. Buying a new one which is made for Sprint's network doesn't make financial sense.

There are plenty of unlock codes or whatever, on the Internet for other phones. Is there nothing for the 700? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, in advance.
    Even if you were able to unlock the Treo, Sprint will not activate any phone who's ESN number is not in their system. Maybe you can sell your Treo to help with the ETF cost and the added cost of getting a new Sprint Treo. Good luck.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, a lot. I think a Sprint rep tried to tell me that, but she was so "bubble-headed" and "ditzy", that she couldn't quite get the message across. The way you explained it just made sense. Well, that sucks. Fortunately, Verizon will let me out of the contract without an ETF.

Had I known this stuff, already, I would never have gotten an all-in-one. I would have just gotten a regular phone and a separate PDA.

Oh, well. Dem's da breaks, eh?

Thanks, anyway, N.F. ESN.... ESN.... esn.... esn.... .... ....
    I haven't checked the going prices for used 700p's on ebay lately, but I doubt you'll take much of a hit, if any, if you sell your Verizon unit since you can get a good deal when signing a new contract with Sprint. You might even make a profit!
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    vzw msl is 000000, but that'll only get you halfway there. You could try calling sprint ask them for an esn swap. You may get lucky with a nice rep.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  6.    #6  
    That is also good to know. Thank you, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstBrother View Post
    Greetings.

I have searched the Internet, using Google and have also searched this forum for advice on unlocking my Verizon 700p for usage on Sprint's network. I have recently moved and Verizon does not properly serve its customers in this area, so much so, that they are willing to let me out of my contract without the $175 early disconnection fee.

As anyone who owns a 700p knows: buying it is costly for the average joe, in the first place. Buying a new one which is made for Sprint's network doesn't make financial sense.

There are plenty of unlock codes or whatever, on the Internet for other phones. Is there nothing for the 700? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, in advance.
    I read this today. Don't know if this helps.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061123/...ital_copyright