Page 1 of 39 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just wanted to get a quick survey of current 680 owners...how's your battery life? I'm slightly concerned because I can BARELY get a day out of it with moderate use. Which stinks because this is the best phone I've owned.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I own a 750v, not a 680, but most posters in this forum are reporting less than desirable battery life on the 680. This is true for me as well on the 750v.

Seidio is working on extended life batteries for both models.
    Same here. I'm just eagerly waiting for an extended battery.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i've only had mine for a few days, but it's worse than i've experienced on a cell phone before. i do keep bluetooth on all the time (and also did with previous phones). at this point, i'd say my battery is at 20% to 30% at the end of the day with normal use (maybe an hour of phone calls total, light web browsing, 10 text messages)...
    I bought the cradle/battery bundle from palm - I have one ready for me to use at end of working day and then charge while sleeping - works for me - thats with Chatter push email and VC online all day. With this setup it works fine.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I have mine for 3 days now and batterylife is horrible. I can hardely make it through the day. I do need an extra charging cable or a car charger. BT is always on (for my BT carkit) use of Calendar a few times (appr. 30 minutes) a day and appr. 30 minutes of talking. 30% juice left at the end of the day.

What puzzles me most is that when I take my Palm off the charger (fully loaded) before I go to bed there's 75% left when I get up in the morning.....25% discharge within 10 hours doing NOTHING......phone and BT are OFF!!! and no apps running. It looks like battery technology of a few years ago...like the T3.
    Last edited by Celf; 12/04/2006 at 09:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I have two batteries. I popped in a freshly charged one last night at about 10 pm. When I woke up this morning at 7 am, my battery was down to 57%. This is with Bluetooth off, auto-update of Date and Time off, Auto-off after 1 minute, and the screen at less than half brightness.

I do have Chatter checking my email once every half hour, but that's for one account, and it doesn't happen between 11pm and 6am. So at most, it checked my email 4 times. I also have BackupMan run a backup at 3am, which takes approximately two minutes. That activity alone, plus sitting idle with full signal strength, killed almost half my battery in nine hours. I have to say, that's a bit worse than expected.

My 650 could easily go two days without a charge.

I do not consider myself a heavy user. So far, I've been playing with it more than I usually would, because it's a new toy, after all. But at this rate, if I'm going to talk on the phone at all, I'm going to go through more than a battery a day. And that doesn't bode well for Palm trying to bring this phone to the "masses". Your average person doesn't charge his/her phone every day. Some people only charge a couple of times a week. And few, if any, average people, carry around a spare battery.

Unless I'm doing something wrong. I don't know. Maybe I have another app or two that is constantly draining my battery.
    Last edited by mrjoec; 12/04/2006 at 11:26 AM.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    These last two posts are scary. Maybe something else is wrong ? Battery charge on a 650 barely moves with no activity. Could there be something else running doing this?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    yeah I'm using my 680 a little more now than i was my 650 because I'm now doing a bit of web surfing now that i didn't do before. but the battery dies about 4 times as fast as my 650 did....it's terrible!
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I'm with frankpaolino - my 650 battery level would hardly move with no activity. My 680 level drops at an alarming rate just sat in my pocket for a few hours. Maybe there is something else running (I always keep beam and BT off).

I get down to about 30% of 'normal use' in a day - I take it off the charger at around 7am in the morning. It is ready for another charge by late evening. If I play music, then it is close to being dead by tea time.

Looks like I will be investing in a replacement battery as soon as they become available. Or maybe it will improve ... I seem to remember the first dozen or so charges of my 650 gave a poor battery life.
    yup, same here. battery life does not last a full day compared to my 650 and a previous 600. just a thought - will an extended battery (if and when seidio comes up with one) do the trick?? or is it a device issue that uses more energy that it needs to. I am aware that the 680 batt has a lower mAh.
    Be sure to switch the beam recieve setting to off as well, see if that has any effect on it.
  13.    #13  
    Looks like most folks are having the same problem as me. The battery drains way too quickly; luckily the rest of the phone is so great, otherwise I'd consider sending it back
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cristobal View Post
    Be sure to switch the beam recieve setting to off as well, see if that has any effect on it.
    Forgot to mention that. Beam Receive was off as well.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    What was that GoTreo application called that controlled backlight, keyboard light, BT and LED stuff? Does that work?

I wish he'd update the look of that thing though… blech.

(I never use hacks because they always inevitably cause problems, at least initially until the developer works them out, but I need the phone to be working, not resetting and re-syncing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverinewizard View Post
    I just wanted to get a quick survey of current 680 owners...how's your battery life? I'm slightly concerned because I can BARELY get a day out of it with moderate use. Which stinks because this is the best phone I've owned.
    I have just got a 680 and I have come from a Palm T3, and I am finding the battery life on the 680 is slightly better than the T3. Obviously this depends on how many calls I make. So far it is lasting 'a day at work' and if I am away any longer than that I make sure I have my charger with me.

Phil
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    By T3, do you mean Tungsten T3? I have that one. Battery (lithium internal) is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pighood View Post
    By T3, do you mean Tungsten T3?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by pshrimpton View Post
    Yes.
    I keep my T3 in its cradle overnight as a matter of habit. Of course, I have no idea of what the battery life would be if it were on all the time.
Page 1 of 39 12345611 ... LastLast