Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 769
  1. #421  
    to think that battery life is acceptable while in standby or non-use mode is not right. the devices are meant to be used, and if so, be able to at least weather a full day's workload.

    i haven't experienced these kinds of problems but only in the Treos that i have owned over time.

    ugh!
  2. #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    to think that battery life is acceptable while in standby or non-use mode is not right. the devices are meant to be used, and if so, be able to at least weather a full day's workload.

    i haven't experienced these kinds of problems but only in the Treos that i have owned over time.

    ugh!
    Hmmm... my laptop often can't handle a full days workload without being plugged in and it's battery is even bigger than the seidio extended battery. My treo just went 16 hours and is at 37% charge. (10+ phone calls, several texts, email every hour, some web browsing, 4cast on the hour..)

    Also, try the blackjack if you want to experience an independant platform with inadequate battery power.
  3. #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post

    Also, try the blackjack if you want to experience an independant platform with inadequate battery power.

    or try the Motorola Q...its even worse

    unusable without getting the humpback battery
  4. #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by ancker View Post
    While I respect your disgust at the lower than advertised battery life with the stock 680 battery, your comments are incorrectly directed at Seidio. Seidio didn't release a battery to fix the Palm problem, they released it for more capacity. Even if the battery got 4h/300h like advertised, there would definitely be people that would like double/triple that. Given the current technology, a replacement battery cover is needed to achieve that.
    You misunderstood, my friend. I am disgusted with Palm for selling us a bill of goods - that has nothing to do with Seido. I am also pissed off with Palm for forcing us to buy extra batteries to deal with something that they should have planned for. Finally, I am disappointed with Seido, because the battery door (color aside) looks like heck.

    Dunc
  5. #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    Also, try the blackjack if you want to experience an independant platform with inadequate battery power.
    I'm not looking for anything with inadequate power, I'm just looking for what the product specs said! If I was to sell you a 12 oz can of soda I'd imagine you'd expect it to have 12 oz, not 10 oz. A bottle of laundry soap that says it'll do 100 loads should do darn near 100 loads, wouldn't you agree? Call me old fashioned, but when Palm said the battery would last for 4 hours of talk time and 300 hours of standby time I kinda figured I'd get close to that. But I don't get anywhere near Palm's specs - I can't make it through the day on standby. Now where I live a regular work day is a lot shorter then 300 hours. So, something is up. Yes, I've reset the thing when it's plugged in, allowed it to go to 0% and recharged, hard reset it, etc. I've done all the crazy things and still the battery, on my replacement 680 is as bad as the battery on my first. To that I say Palm messed up, and needs to do something quick.

    Dunc
  6. #426  
    Wow I agree. The battery life is horrid. I have tried leaving the phone in standby without any apps running in the background and it doesn't help. I need a update PALM. I NEED ONE NOW.
    To bad Palm dosent accept Paypal..... Then I could issue a complaint. I bet we would get a response then.
  7. #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog View Post
    or try the Motorola Q...its even worse

    unusable without getting the humpback battery
    mine wasn't. my Q easily surpassed that of my old 700w. assign it to randomness? i suppose.
  8. #428  
    Not sure if I read this trick here or over at HowardForums, but if you have not done this and are having battery issues, DO IT NOW!

    Worked like a charm for me, and easily doubled my battery life.

    Plug in the charger to the phone, pull the battery for a minute, put battery back in and let it charge to full.

    I consider myself a moderate user, and I was only getting thru an 18hr day on a charge. And I can easily now get thru two work days on one charge, and I bet that now that I'm home for the holidays, I can squeak three days out between charges! (Wont really use the phone much till the 26th.) No way I could have done that before the reset.

    First post, Love my 680, Have no idea why this trick worked, but it did!
  9. #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneOfLove View Post
    Not sure if I read this trick here or over at HowardForums, but if you have not done this and are having battery issues, DO IT NOW!

    Worked like a charm for me, and easily doubled my battery life.

    Plug in the charger to the phone, pull the battery for a minute, put battery back in and let it charge to full.

    I consider myself a moderate user, and I was only getting thru an 18hr day on a charge. And I can easily now get thru two work days on one charge, and I bet that now that I'm home for the holidays, I can squeak three days out between charges! (Wont really use the phone much till the 26th.) No way I could have done that before the reset.

    First post, Love my 680, Have no idea why this trick worked, but it did!
    Yes, people have mentioned this trick, and I'm trying it myself.

    But just out of curiosity, are you using an application with constant background internet usage, such as Chatter Email, during the time when you can get almost 3 days of usage?
  10. #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneOfLove View Post
    Not sure if I read this trick here or over at HowardForums, but if you have not done this and are having battery issues, DO IT NOW!

    Worked like a charm for me, and easily doubled my battery life.

    Plug in the charger to the phone, pull the battery for a minute, put battery back in and let it charge to full.

    I consider myself a moderate user, and I was only getting thru an 18hr day on a charge. And I can easily now get thru two work days on one charge, and I bet that now that I'm home for the holidays, I can squeak three days out between charges! (Wont really use the phone much till the 26th.) No way I could have done that before the reset.

    First post, Love my 680, Have no idea why this trick worked, but it did!

    Got my phone on Thursday and charged it. Friday I left for work at 5am and by 8pm it was DEAD with very light usage(30 mins phone, checked email twice, no emal). I tried the "trick" and today it seems to be much better. On Friday my power was down to 94% within 30 minutes without ever using it. Today after the "trick" it's down to 97% after a couple hours. So it seems to work.
  11. #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I'm not looking for anything with inadequate power, I'm just looking for what the product specs said! If I was to sell you a 12 oz can of soda I'd imagine you'd expect it to have 12 oz, not 10 oz. A bottle of laundry soap that says it'll do 100 loads should do darn near 100 loads, wouldn't you agree? Call me old fashioned, but when Palm said the battery would last for 4 hours of talk time and 300 hours of standby time I kinda figured I'd get close to that. But I don't get anywhere near Palm's specs - I can't make it through the day on standby. Now where I live a regular work day is a lot shorter then 300 hours. So, something is up. Yes, I've reset the thing when it's plugged in, allowed it to go to 0% and recharged, hard reset it, etc. I've done all the crazy things and still the battery, on my replacement 680 is as bad as the battery on my first. To that I say Palm messed up, and needs to do something quick.

    Dunc

    GREAT POST. Couldn't have said it better myself.

    The crux of the matter is that we get NOWHERE NEAR the stated "300 hours standby". Heck, most of would (apparently) be lucky to get *30* hours standby if we're lucky.

    Palm has a defective product here, and needs to fix it ASAP.

    If I didn't love the features of the device so much, I'd be rooting for a Class Action lawsuit here - there is clear FRAUD on Palm's part, and it's time that companies are held accountable for outright lying to their customers. (Just calling it like it is - LYING).
  12. #432  
    I've got my treo since the 4th of december and I still have an 8% drop/hour most times. sometimes I have less. But what's really strange in my case is that the treo still works a long time after it reached it's 0% limit. Yesterday I've called for an hour after my battery was at 0% and the phone still carried on. I've also already installed BatteryGraph and it says that I've turned my treo on and off 400 times yesterday which is way too much. BatteryGraph also shows that my low battery warning comes at 0.02 V and my critical battery warning at 0,00 V which is strange, because the treo is at 0% when my battery is at 3,96 V but it carries on till about 3,5 V. I've also done the battery trick but it hasn't really worked. What's the best battery level to do this trick at, when the battery is almost full, or when it's almost empty. And how long do I have to keep it to the charger then. Any other tricks to increase battery life, because the device is great, I just hate it's battery life.

    Ian
  13. #433  
    did the "trick" but it really doesn't fix the problem at hand. all i really want to know is what the expected/average battery life is under normal use (generic email, phone use/sms, and browser time) for a 1100ma battery. the advertised standby times are bogus, we all agree to that. i simply want to be able to take it off its charger in the beginning of the day and put it through its paces without having to worry about the battery going dead in the early afternoon hours.

    from what i have read it does not seem as though the 750v is experiencing the problems afflicting the 680.
  14. #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    How does one disconnect from the GPRS?
    HiLauncher has a function to toggle on or off the network connection. Also Beam Receive, and with third party help, the BT radio.
  15. #435  
    The battery reset trick has not worked for me eitheer. I've tried it with the battery meter at 40%, 5%, 0% and at 85%. Still hasn't improved battery life. This is stupid that we need to resort to hacks to try and get the battery to function like it is suppose to.
  16. #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    I've read on the forums about 1600mAh and 1800mAh slim OEM batteries. We're not sure of those numbers are even possible. Our current batteries for PPC6700 and Motorola Q are approximately 10% more capacity than the original battery because we were limited by their size. We are definitely working on it but really have no ETA right now. We'll keep you posted.
    If you can get a higher capacity battery into the same space as the OEM battery for the 680, I think you'd have a hit product.
  17. #437  
    yep I agree. the humpy ani't going to work for me
  18. #438  
    I'm surprised that some are having problems after the battery reset.

    I have got to wonder if there is a bad batch of batteries??!!

    As for my expected "three days of use" I was trying to imply that over this particular three day period, I will barely touch the phone.

    I feel safe in saying that my "normal" use will get me two days on this battery. My normal is 5 to 10 calls of 7ish minutes, check the email maybe twice each day. 30 minutes of screwing around on the internet. Play some solitaire each day while "occupied". And 15 minutes each day in the Day planner. I don't have anything running all day all the time in the background. By no means am I a power user.

    My old Nokia 3120 only got 3 days of normal use, so this isn't that big a change for me. And, FWIW, I just ordered the bigger battery from Seidio and if the 680 still fits in my belt case with the "hump" I won't look back.....
  19. #439  
    I guess you must be Palm's target user.
    2 post on TC
    Coming from a Nokia 3120
    and ok with the Humpy.

    Most of us have had quite a few smartphones and have come from a previous 650 or Treo models that have had better.. way better battery life.
    I respect your take on all of this. But, less than mediocrity is not ok with me and that is what I am trying to say.
    Just because the battery is "working" for you doesn't mean Palm did not mislead us about the battery life
  20. #440  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordol View Post
    HiLauncher has a function to toggle on or off the network connection. Also Beam Receive, and with third party help, the BT radio.

    Gordol,

    Since my phone ONLY lists "GPRS" as a connection, if I install Hi Launcher( which I use on my T3 and like) on the Treo 680 and tell it to disconnect from GPRS will that mean I won't get any Phone radio connection at all?

    I already have the "Ask before connecting to internet" boxchecked in Network preferences. But even with this box cheked is the phone still trying to connect to the network in the background just not making me aware of it until I ask it to go to the internet? *( Which I cannot because I had the data plan turned off back when I had issues with reception on the 650)

    Cheers
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!

Posting Permissions