Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Seidio is pleased to release the 2400 mah extended battery for Treo 680.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=598

Coming soon

Treo 680 crystal case

Treo 680 rubberized case

Treo 680 skin

Treo 680 skin/crystal case holster

Seidio Marketing Team
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I'm sure they'll post this themselves soon, but:

2400mAh, Extended Battery cover.

I'm on the fence. Not sure I want the extended back. Though I might pick one up in a few months just to see how I like it. For $50, its worth trying out.

/ancker

EDIT: When I first started typing my post, theirs wasn't there yet.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post

Seidio Marketing Team
    How much thicker than the stock cover?
    How much thicker than a 700?
    Is it the 650/700 size battery?
    Will the 3200mAh battery fit in it?
    Any plans for a 1800mAh OEM size battery?

thanks

/ancker
    Even ignoring the fact that the Grey doesn't match my Arctic the Seido battery door looks like hell! More importantly, though, I just dropped nearly $400 on an unlocked phone and now I have to pay another $50 to fix Palm's mistake? We waited how long for the 'next generation' Palm OS based GSM Treo? Do you think they could possibly do anything more to chase us away?
    How much thicker than the stock cover?
    Approximately 4mm

How much thicker than a 700?
    Approximately 2mm

Is it the 650/700 size battery?
    No, the battery is different.

Will the 3200mAh battery fit in it?
    The 3200 battery will fit, but we haven't created a door for it. To be honest I'm not sure if we will. It adds a lot of thickness to the device.

Any plans for a 1800mAh OEM size battery?
    I've read on the forums about 1600mAh and 1800mAh slim OEM batteries. We're not sure of those numbers are even possible. Our current batteries for PPC6700 and Motorola Q are approximately 10% more capacity than the original battery because we were limited by their size. We are definitely working on it but really have no ETA right now. We'll keep you posted.

Thanks
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 12/26/2006 at 01:44 PM. Reason: The new Treo 680 is not compatible with the old battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Do you think they could possibly do anything more to chase us away?
    They could release the 750v in US now!
    Has anyone tried Battery Doctor to disconnect a inactive network?
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=60548
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Even ignoring the fact that the Grey doesn't match my Arctic the Seido battery door looks like hell! More importantly, though, I just dropped nearly $400 on an unlocked phone and now I have to pay another $50 to fix Palm's mistake? We waited how long for the 'next generation' Palm OS based GSM Treo? Do you think they could possibly do anything more to chase us away?
    While I respect your disgust at the lower than advertised battery life with the stock 680 battery, your comments are incorrectly directed at Seidio. Seidio didn't release a battery to fix the Palm problem, they released it for more capacity. Even if the battery got 4h/300h like advertised, there would definitely be people that would like double/triple that. Given the current technology, a replacement battery cover is needed to achieve that.

I'm equally as frustrated as you are, but please don't slam a third party vendor for something they have absolutely no ability to remedy. I'm not sure I want the extra 4mm, but am happy Seidio has manufactured a solution for those of us who couldn't care less.

Even if the 680 lasted as long as advertised, I could probably still think of times when I might desire a little more and wouldn't mind swapping in a higher capacity battery and cover during that time. Seidio is catering to this kind of user.

If you think this is unacceptable, take it up with Palm. If they can't satisfy your needs, go to another phone/vendor. No disrespect, its merely the correct thing to do.

/ancker
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post

Ugly!
    I've been through every bit of advice folks have to offer (MANY thanks to all!). Done the hard reset, undid my migration from the 650 to 680 and reinstalled only basic apps, 'conditioned' the battery 2x, have had the 680 ten days. I've still got an excessive battery burn. Today (without Chatter installed) I discovered that both Blazer and Versamail (never really did like the program on my 650 much anyway) leave the GPRS connection live after accessing the internet (see many comments on same in this and other threads). No wonder why my battery is racing to zero! Mine is a Cingular phone so this may not apply to unlocked version (Firmware R01.31, Software TREO680-1.03-CNG). Talk about bad behavior in OEM apps! I'm going to stop using Versamail & Blazer today (use Chatter & Xiino instead) & see if this does it.

Love the form factor! Tolerating the battery issues... like the more stable software/firmware (i.e. fewer crashes). I'm going to grit my teeth & keep it!

On another subject, I have another new bizarre glitch on which I cannot find any discussion. When I am on a call I lose my audio when the screen powers down. !!!???!!! Anyone have this issue? As I said I've got only the core apps installed (0 hacks or 3rd party apps at all). Needless to say this is somewhat worse than inconvenient!
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Have you guys tried lowering the lcd brightness, turning off infrared and bluetooth? Power is also saved if you disconnect from gprs and only use it when needed.
    Yes, that has all been done. Even turned off the auto answer feature for BT headphones (located under Handsfree in the Prefs). As for GPRS, my carrier (Tmobile) is detected when the phone is on and puts the little triangle on it. Also have the automatic date/time set to manually update, not automatic.

I am on the third charge cycle on the new phone that Palm sent me. So far I am seeing about 80% drain during a normal work day. I am in a hospital and cannot connect to my carrier for any reason, and the device is still draining at what I consider an excessive rate. Looks like both of the 680's are going back, and I'll dust off the 650 (which by the way, has been sitting on the shelf in it's box, and still has 98% charge after 10 days).

Has anyone cruised the 750 Hardware forum? I wonder if they are having the same battery woes that 680 users are? Would be interesting to see if they use the same battery. And away I go.......

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Yes, that has all been done. Even turned off the auto answer feature for BT headphones (located under Handsfree in the Prefs). As for GPRS, my carrier (Tmobile) is detected when the phone is on and puts the little triangle on it. Also have the automatic date/time set to manually update, not automatic.

I am on the third charge cycle on the new phone that Palm sent me. So far I am seeing about 80% drain during a normal work day. I am in a hospital and cannot connect to my carrier for any reason, and the device is still draining at what I consider an excessive rate. Looks like both of the 680's are going back, and I'll dust off the 650 (which by the way, has been sitting on the shelf in it's box, and still has 98% charge after 10 days).

I'm with you, ivhs. I will soon be calling Palm for my RMA #. I've been using my 650 today (held a charge at 98% for 14 days while it sat in my drawer), and I'm enjoying getting to know it again.

Given the excessive battery drain even when I'm not using the 680, I can't help but wonder where Palm came up with their 300 hr standby stat. Given the rate of discharge I'd be lucky to get 30 hours. Heaven forbid I get stranded in the snowy back-country somewhere and need my phone for rescuers to triangulate my position. They would have to work very fast to beat my 680 battery drain!

Maybe it's a firmware issue, but I'm noticing something interesting today --- I removed the SIM from my 680 to use in my 650. For fun, I have kept 680 radio on and the mysterious battery drain might be slowing a bit. It's hard to tell, but I believe the battery drain may be connected to the SIM. Even if this is the case, I shouldn't have to play the "SIM Lottery" at my local Cingular store to find the SIM that doesn't suck all the life out of my 680! My 650 is looking better and better all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri Guy View Post
    I'm with you, ivhs. I will soon be calling Palm for my RMA #. I've been using my 650 today (held a charge at 98% for 14 days while it sat in my drawer), and I'm enjoying getting to know it again.

Given the excessive battery drain even when I'm not using the 680, I can't help but wonder where Palm came up with their 300 hr standby stat. Given the rate of discharge I'd be lucky to get 30 hours. Heaven forbid I get stranded in the snowy back-country somewhere and need my phone for rescuers to triangulate my position. They would have to work very fast to beat my 680 battery drain!
    I'm going to give it this three day weekend to see if it gets better (Hey, it is Christmas, maybe Santa will make this thing start working ). Otherwise, I'll go back to the 650. I'm a Tmobile user, so neither device is supported by them. I use it as a PDA, phone, and checking my email. What attracted me to the 680 was the HOPE that Tmobile might start selling it. But that doesn't look like that will be happening. I tried the DASH that they have, it isn't even worth trying. It is just TOO small to use comfortably in my hand.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I've disabled IR, Bluetooth, lowered brightness, turned the backlight off sooner - everything... The battery still sucks and comes no where near to the Palm published battery life specs. But this whole jump through hoops (insert current 'guaranteed to condition your battery scheme' here), disable everything, mentality is insane! Why are we being forced to cripple our devices to compensate for a serious bug or design flaw in this brand new product?
    Dunc,

I hear what you are saying and I completely agree that it is insane to have to play all these tricks and whatever to get out of what has been advertised with the 680. That being said I still like the 680 and don't really have plans to return it at this time. The overwhelming majority of us on this forum has issues with our battery life. Sure, I believe that Palm know of our complaints and even monitor these forums to gauge how we all feel about the 680. But, how many of us have actually called or emailed Palm to officially voice our displeasure? I think the more we contact them directly, the more they will know we are serious about our displeasure. Just for kicks I called Palm again today just to see what new excuses they would come up with in reference to the battery life. I pretty much got the same "this is what you need to do the conserve battery life, (turning off IR, BT, battery drain being caused by radio signal searching, dimming the screen, etc.). Customer service also stated that the battery drainage is not a "problem" or an "issue" but is "limitation" of the 680. HUH??!!!! Whatever Palm!!! I say let's just inundate them with emails (anyone know what's best email address we should use for this) and phone calls and maybe they'll get tired of us, admit that something is wrong and come out with a firmware or software update.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    FYI for those of you running BatteryGraph. Try uninstalling it.

I was getting decent battery life, installed BG, my life went down. I uninstalled it, did a battery reset at 6% last night, charged overnight. Unplugged at 0730. Its now 1545. Battery is at 79%. 8:15 and only 20% loss. Not too bad.

(This is constantly connected to EDGE with chattermail push, and sent/received several text messages)

/ancker
    and some people laughed and scoffed when i said mine and many more would be making their way back to Palm......day three with my second device and it's all the same. you know, i like the Treo mystique/form factor (as a secondary device, doesn't come close to beating my Pearl given my needs) and i've had just about all of them. given the 680's SLIGHT improvement in size, increased memory, and higher resolution (the palm os is bland in my estimation) makes me want to like this thing. the BIG problem is that if it's not near a charger it almost becomes useless. it really is too bad.

still have 27 days left, c'mon 750!
    I've decided to keep mine. I really like it as a phone, PDA, entertainment, data device. In my world, I am at a desk most of the day, so I can sit it in a cradle, which is a nice place to put it on my desk anyway. I will purchase a second battery or an extended option when I go on my next trip, if a firmware upgrade doesn't come first.

The battery did get better, I can get through a day of moderate use no problem, maybe get 2 days of standby, more like a day and a half really.

Still, this beats the v551 I've been using for the past 2 years, and the Clie I've had next to my bed.
    Not sure if they did anything, but I noticed that my battery life improved significantly after I applied the Blackberry Connect patch. It's really night and day. I was worried that since it's an always on internet connection my phone'd die in 2 hrs, in fact, I only lost 10% after 4 hours, and that's with use.

Could just be me tho, anyone else w/ bbc notice this? (BTW, I got a alpine white unbranded phone).
    Quote Originally Posted by proxidicae View Post
    Not sure if they did anything, but I noticed that my battery life improved significantly after I applied the Blackberry Connect patch. It's really night and day. I was worried that since it's an always on internet connection my phone'd die in 2 hrs, in fact, I only lost 10% after 4 hours, and that's with use.

Could just be me tho, anyone else w/ bbc notice this? (BTW, I got a alpine white unbranded phone).

Can you post the link to the blackberry connect patch? Thanks