Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Been running battery graph for a few days now, and it is very interesting to see that the unit is "On" frequently. Last nite I made sure the unit was not "Constantly On" as indicated by battery graph and had a 39% battery charge. This morning I had 13% left. Went to battery graph and it indicated that the unit was turned on at midnite and ran for about 2.5 hrs. When the battery hit 15% the unit turned itself "0ff".
    Can anyone easily explain Battery Graph.... I installed it on my Treo the other day to see what my battery was doing. The times are what's confusing me.

Under status, I show a Total Time, Time On, Time Off, and On today. This may be a silly question but what is Time On and Time Off? Is it the time the device has been on (i.e. on a call, checking email, etc.) or is it time the radio has been on? Is Time Off the time the device has been turned off (i.e. not in use) or time the radio has been off?

Lastly, what is the number of times switched on? Is that the number of times I hit the Red Button?
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I'm using the Versamail program that ships on the Treo 680. There is no manual disconnnect option on the program. The old version that is on the 650 had it on the option drop down menu. This one does not have the manual option, only the auto disconnect.

I don't feel I should have to use another program to shut down my network, that Versamail should do what it is supposed to do and "disconnect", either manually or automatically. Anything else is a fault of either the OS or the hardware. If my network was truly "on" would I not have the possiblity of missing calls? That hasn't happened as far as I can tell.

If Versamail is not disconnecting you from the network as it should it is neither the fault of the hardware or the OS. It is the fault of Versamail.

You can be connected to the network (green arrows), but not actively transferring data and still make and recieve calls without difficulty.

The bottom line being, if the green arrows are there, your really are attached to the network. You may not always be transfering data back and forth. If the black triangle is there, the phone has detected the presence of a GPRS network, but has not connected the service. If there is not triangle, the phone has not detected the GPRS service as you are either out of range of a tower providing it, or the service is down.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoveOver View Post
    Been running battery graph for a few days now, and it is very interesting to see that the unit is "On" frequently. Last nite I made sure the unit was not "Constantly On" as indicated by battery graph and had a 39% battery charge. This morning I had 13% left. Went to battery graph and it indicated that the unit was turned on at midnite and ran for about 2.5 hrs. When the battery hit 15% the unit turned itself "0ff".
    Update: Put my unit on the charger, after about 5 minutes of charging the Unit turned itself on again according to Battery Graph. This would have been at the 15 % mark. At about the same time the GPRS did reconnect. Manually disconnecting does not change the "On" status.

So right now fully charged and draining at 8% hour. Any one have a suggestion on how to get the unit to go into Off mode when the unit hibernates.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    If Versamail is not disconnecting you from the network as it should it is neither the fault of the hardware or the OS. It is the fault of Versamail.

You can be connected to the network (green arrows), but not actively transferring data and still make and recieve calls without difficulty.

The bottom line being, if the green arrows are there, your really are attached to the network. You may not always be transfering data back and forth. If the black triangle is there, the phone has detected the presence of a GPRS network, but has not connected the service. If there is not triangle, the phone has not detected the GPRS service as you are either out of range of a tower providing it, or the service is down.
    I recieved a brand new replacement phone from Palm yesterday, and it's charging now. (I asked for a replacement battery and they sent an entire phone). Will be interesting to see if there is any difference.

As a side note, I installed Ringo Pro yesterday on my phone. I am able to connect to the Internet using it to search their site for ringtones. I am also able to surf the web, went to CNN, ESPN, etc. After I was done, I still had the green arrows in the indicator. How are those turned off?
    I recieved a brand new replacement phone from Palm yesterday, and it's charging now. (I asked for a replacement battery and they sent an entire phone). Will be interesting to see if there is any difference.

As a side note, I installed Ringo Pro yesterday on my phone. I am able to connect to the Internet using it to search their site for ringtones. I am also able to surf the web, went to CNN, ESPN, etc. After I was done, I still had the green arrows in the indicator. How are those turned off?
    If the program isn't polite enough to turn off the network, use NetworkDown or ResetNetLib to manually shut it down, or go to Prefs / Network and select 'Disconnect'
    After 16 days my device has now passed 52 hours and still having a level of 38%!!
    This is hours beyond what I saw for previous charge-discharge cycle.

Truth be told, I have been playing less Bejeweled (maybe 2h less) in this cycle compared to any of the others (I really love it).
    However, I have not had the phone turned off at any time during this cycle - as opposed to any other cycles where I turned it off during night.
    Actually I have vague feeling that having the phone on does not really consume that much power (that may ofcourse be due to a fw-bug).

Further, the last charge was done with on-off-on charging during workhours using the USB cable - again opposed to previous charges done primarily with the AC charger...
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JRoD_E View Post
    I have had my 680 for just over a week, and the battery is getting better. I unpluged it from the charger 7 hours ago, and my battery is at 78% currently. I have done a lot of browsing, checking gmail, and playing solitaire (cards suck ).

The battery is significantly better from when I first got the device.
    Mine will be a week old this Friday. I hope you're right.
    I was getting bad battery as well while connected to data network.

Turned it off and kept it off and at the end of the day (6pm) was only down to 76%. I then turned data connection on why not actually transfering data and my battery dropped to from 76% to 54% with in an hour.
    Apple iPhone, BlackBerry 8800 and a Treo 750 on the "new" at&t. Palm Centro on Sprint.
    Anyone tried this 2400mah batt for our 680 ?
    Any review?
    http://www.batteryupgrade.com/produc...8&PHPSESSID=2e
    I've got Battery Graph running on my replacement 680 too. Same deal, *****ed about the battery and they sent out a whole new phone. Can't wait to pour over this app's logs to see if I'm crazy or there is a legitimate problem.

Dunc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I've got Battery Graph running on my replacement 680 too. Same deal, *****ed about the battery and they sent out a whole new phone. Can't wait to pour over this app's logs to see if I'm crazy or there is a legitimate problem.

Dunc
    Did they want your original phone back? What is the firmware version of the new phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by frankochal View Post
    I have found that if I set my select network to manual (for tmobile the 850/1900 band) instead of automatic that my battery life increases quite a bit. Try it and let me know if you experience the same?
    Frank
    no, with all due respect, one should not have to. it either works or it doesn't out of the box, it's that simple.

on my second go around with the device and am trying to stay positive.
    i respect the users who went as far as testing the device via the "battery graph application" but it's so far from the norm that it's not funny. the consumer buys a device and it works or it doesn't.

it's that simple. we're not being paid to do or determine anything else. believe me, these companies have whatever research and development project subsidies that they need before having to ask us anything else.
    Well, I've now reached a point where I think my battery life is great. I'm getting almost no drain from being in standby. Today I took my phone off the charger at 10am when I was leaving for work. I didn't use the phone all day and it just sat in my office. At 6:30pm I took a look at it and I had gotten a few new emails and text messages and had missed 2 calls. I figured I would just check where my battery was at and it was still registering 99%, the same as when I took it off the charger but over 7 hours later. I then proceeded to write a few text messages and made a phone call which lasted 55 minutes. After the phone call, my battery was at 83%.
    My battery experience. Yesterday i charged at the office, went home. Some hour later i used the Treo. Battery showed 75% !! Batterygraph showed my Treo was on for more than 4 hours. So i charged again and did a soft reset.
    This morning batterygraph showed only some seconds ontime and my battery was on 98% after standby overnight.
    Anything seems to keep the Treo on even when the display is not on !
    I have no critical apps installed so it must be a hardware fault or firmware bug
    draining the battery that fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post

Dunc
    Dunc - what's the firmware version of the new phone that Palm sent you?

Wondering if they shipped a buggy "rev 1" firmware and have already started shipping out units with updated firmware?
    I did the "battery reset trick" and now my battery is much improved. At the end of the day I was at around 30%, but now I'm more around 70.
    Handspring Visor>>Treo 180g>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Treo 680
    Well i've drained the battery twice in 48hours. LAST night I tried that battery reset... but who knows what will improve battery life.

Considering that after a week the battery seems to be much better, i'll just be patient after today...
    *I won't make too many calls during the day BUT will txt and use data quite often...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    Did they want your original phone back? What is the firmware version of the new phone?
    Yup, I had to send the phone back. My new firmware is MW01.50, Software TREO680-1.04-ROW. I have no idea what the original one was - never thought to look.

Dunc