Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 769
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    I am not really confused. For whatever reason, Oalvarez likes to troll threads. It appears that he especially likes to troll positive threads making negative comments. His other specialty seems to be challenging anyone who is getting good results out of their Treo, seeming to take particular pleasure out of making personal attacks, and challenging their voracity. This is typical Troll behavior, and I thought that it was frowned upon by the mods here, especially since the majority of his comments are not relevant to the topic. I know I am ranting, but this type of behavior is counter productive
    no, at this point you are being childish. give it a rest.
  2. PFman's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #182  
    Further update

    had the phone on since 8am with BT running - made half an hours worth of calls, checked my email twice and sent / received 8 texts and checked 1 news website for 5 minutes.

    now 12.55 pm and down to 63%

    so 10% loss in 5 hours with everything but beam on.

    Initially I struggled to last 12 hours now this is looking like 2 days to me

    On the first complete power down it ran for over 2 hours with me making some calls at 0% on the battery.

    I intend to let the battery completely die again and then see where I end up - but for me it looks like this problem is over at the current time.
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
    I'm not so optimistic. I've never seen the inside of the 650, but my friend has a 700W and there is a bit of extra space in there. Yet with the 680, the battery is so cramed in there that it will not even stay in place without the battery cover in place to hold it in there. There's no extra space at all.

    If there is a way, we will try to find it. Look at Seidio track records in smartphone batteries

    1) Treo 650/700 2400 mah slim extended battery-uses OEM battery door
    2) Motorola Q 1250 mah slim extended battery - use OEM battery door
    3) PPC 6700 slim extendd battery - use OEM battery door
    4) Moto Q 2100 mah extended battery - Same size as OEM 1640 mah extended battery
    5) PPC 6700 3200 mah extended battery- Same size as OEM 1800mah extended battery
    6) Treo 680/750 - still working on it.


    David Chang
    Seidio
    forums@seidio.com
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 12/12/2006 at 07:35 AM.
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    If there is a way, we will try to find it. Look at Seidio track records in smartphone batteries

    1) Treo 650/700 2400 mah slim extended battery-uses OEM battery door
    2) Motorola Q 1250 mah slim extended battery - use OEM battery door
    3) PPC 6700 slim extendd battery - use OEM battery door
    4) Moto Q 2100 mah extended battery - Same size as OEM 1640 mah extended battery
    5) PPC 6700 3200 mah extended battery- Same size as OEM 1800mah extended battery
    6) Treo 680/750 - still working on it.


    David Chang
    Seidio
    forums@seidio.com
    Been using one for 6 months -- thank you.

    Obviously, the 680 crowd will like to keep their form factor -- any power you can squeeze into that size of battery will be a success.

    Cheers, Perry.
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    If there is a way, we will try to find it.
    I hope you do.
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    If there is a way, we will try to find it.
    6) Treo 680/750 - still working on it.
    You have definitely sold another one to me when you get it out to market!

    My opinion - if there is a way then Palm should have provided THAT battery!

    This is terrible from Palm - what were you guys thinking with a battery that needs reset tricks and multiple recharges to 'maybe' get a day out of it ... we are fairly hard core and passionate users so I am sorry but the average person is NOT going to persevere with a phone that doesn't make it through a single day. They'll just take it back.
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    ...
    i've been participating on this board for quite some time now so i take some offense to your use of the word "lurking."
    ...
    I'm just amazed you have time for lurking with those 3500 emails a day you receive and read. And then there's all those "buy" and "sell" orders you've got to issue in between. Whew. Now that's the kind of performance to which Palm should aspire.
  8. #188  
    Charged mine yesterday and took if off the charge at 12:05am as I had a complete charge of 100%. It is now just about 12 hours later (12:05pm) and my charge is at 97%, mind you no activity, beam and BT off, thats the best I had since I've had it. Could things be looking up? I'm an optimistic person.

    I did a hard reset last night and I think it has done wonders. Not trying to to
    jinx it.

    Caally.
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by Caally View Post
    Charged mine yesterday and took if off the charge at 12:05am as I had a complete charge of 100%. It is now just about 12 hours later (12:05pm) and my charge is at 97%, mind you no activity, beam and BT off, thats the best I had since I've had it.
    I'm starting to think the 680 is nocturnal.
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    I'm starting to think the 680 is nocturnal.
    LOL, seems to be the case.
    .
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    i've been participating on this board for quite some time now so i take some offense to your use of the word "lurking."
    I am terribly sorry... I've edited my previous post to be more sensitive to your feelings... Thanks so much and I hope you will find hapiness with a Treo of your choosing as well.
  12. #192  
    I have to say it's getting better. Started out this morning at 6 O'clock with 98%. Made four calls, check email once and at 1 O'clock the battery is down to 91%.
  13. #193  
    So I guess this is normal..........

    I started at 7am at 100%.
    Went for a 10 min run (listening to ptunes)
    730am sent 3 txt messages
    8am chatter push comes on.
    830am Google mapped a customer
    900am called supply house for parts (3min call)
    10am Posting at TC (20min)
    12pm Called wife (10min)
    1258pm Listening to Ptunes while listening to a Podcast. (screen off of course)
    battery at 51%.

    I think it sucks.
  14. #194  
    That's 12 hours, isn't it, assuming everything is proportional (which I admit it isn't since the tail end has much less useable power than the front, but I'd say it's more than 10 useable hours of power). That's not so bad, and if we got a 1500 or 1600 battery from some outside manufacturer, it would be 12 or 13 which isn't too far off what the 650 give us.
  15. #195  
    True True. It just seems bad, when I compare it to a 650. but.....It is a 680 not a 650. Come on "new cell phone battery maker guys".
  16. #196  
    Wonder if the Treo 1400mah batterys would fit........
    http://pythontech.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=7162
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    So I guess this is normal..........

    I started at 7am at 100%.
    Went for a 10 min run (listening to ptunes)
    730am sent 3 txt messages
    8am chatter push comes on.
    830am Google mapped a customer
    900am called supply house for parts (3min call)
    10am Posting at TC (20min)
    12pm Called wife (10min)
    1258pm Listening to Ptunes while listening to a Podcast. (screen off of course)
    battery at 51%.

    I think it sucks.
    Does your wife read your posts? 20 mins on TC and 10 mins to her.
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Wonder if the Treo 1400mah batterys would fit........
    http://pythontech.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=7162
    Not without Duct Tape. Those are standard Treo 650 batteries.
  19. #199  
    It was a short day for me at work. So ........
  20. #200  
    I posted earlier about the completely different battery performance between two identical 680's. I went to TMobile this morning and bought a new SIM card. Now my battery life is as good as my wife's. My battery life is up about 50% over yesterday with the old SIM and similar phone usage.

    I have no idea why this made a difference. I've been using a Dash with the original SIM and had (and still have) great battery life. Don't know why it made a difference in the 680 and not the Dash.

    I doubt if this is a common problem, but I thought you might find the results interesting.

Posting Permissions