1.    #1  
    Hi

I just ordered my 700p from Sprint after much deliberation on my next phone purchase. I finally got the 700p for a price that I considered it to be worth a try. My only concern with the device was that it will be too big to fit comfortably in my pocket and I doubt that I would want to use a holster.

Can someone point me in the right direction for what accessories (cases, software and other stuff) you would consider to be essential/preferable to get?

This is my first Treo, but I am fairly proficient with technology and would like to get the most out of the device.

Many thanks,

Jim
    I like the horizontal side beltclip cases -- have been carrying Palm devices on my hip for 10 years.

First Treo -- but do you have a prior PalmOS device? If so, make sure you do a clean install:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129710

If you like to carry reference material with you:

ereaderpro and the assorted dictionaries and reference books that they sell.. . . . . .
    www.ereader.com

Read the stickies at the top of the 700P forum. . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/03/2006 at 08:03 PM.
    I followed Perry's intructions on the clean install and have had virtually no issues with my 700P. I've made sure to only install the latest versions of apps and have done a little research on each to make sure they are compatible.

The only real problem I've had (ironically) is with Palm's Voice Dialing for Treo. I installed the demo and it works really well. The problem is that even though the manual states that the prc will not be backed up to my computer, it was backed up the first time I hot synced and then each successive hot sync failed when it got to the voice dialing prc. I just uninstalled the app and things cleared up. This was on a mac, so maybe there is a bug and it doesn't cause problems on Win.

Otherwise, having fun with it. It's a nice upgrade from my 600.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Don't drop it...like most of us have already done at least once.

SMEGGIE
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the tips. Received it and activated it today.

I have a lot to learn about it, but I think that is a good thing for me.

Jim