Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    In order to have PUSH email, I'd like to try using Chatter and AOL....and have my GMAIL forwarded to AOL to take advantage of AOL's IMAP functionality.

I've set up an email address with AOL, but do I need to enable the IMAP feature somewhere (can't find it anywhere in the email settings), or is it 'already enabled', being that it's AOL?

Thanks! Can't wait to get this up and running!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    In order to have PUSH email, I'd like to try using Chatter and AOL....and have my GMAIL forwarded to AOL to take advantage of AOL's IMAP functionality.

I've set up an email address with AOL, but do I need to enable the IMAP feature somewhere (can't find it anywhere in the email settings), or is it 'already enabled', being that it's AOL?

Thanks! Can't wait to get this up and running!
    In the number of years I worked for AOL Tech support, you have never had to turn on the IMAP capabilities. All you should have to do is go to KW: Imap or KW: open mail access to get the settings for your account.

Hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anamcara View Post
    In the number of years I worked for AOL Tech support, you have never had to turn on the IMAP capabilities. All you should have to do is go to KW: Imap or KW: open mail access to get the settings for your account.

Hope this helps!
    I appreciate the response, but I don't understand what you mean.....go to KW:Imap or KW: open mail access? Can you clarify in lamens terms for a newb-techie? Thanks!
    I appreciate the response, but I don't understand what you mean.....go to KW:Imap or KW: open mail access? Can you clarify in lamens terms for a newb-techie? Thanks!
    if you use the native AOL software (like 9.0, 8.0, etc.) you can go to Keyword: IMAP.

In the software, hit ctrl and K at the same time, and it should come up with a window to type something in. type in IMAP and click go or OK (whichever is there, it's been awhile) The screen should load, and you should get all of your config info for your AOL IMAP account
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    if you use the native AOL software (like 9.0, 8.0, etc.) you can go to Keyword: IMAP.

In the software, hit ctrl and K at the same time, and it should come up with a window to type something in. type in IMAP and click go or OK (whichever is there, it's been awhile) The screen should load, and you should get all of your config info for your AOL IMAP account
    I'm not using software.....all I did was go to the aol website and sign up for an email address. Typing in ctrl and K at the same time doesn't do anything.
    I'm not using software.....all I did was go to the aol website and sign up for an email address. Typing in ctrl and K at the same time doesn't do anything.
    Easy enough. Go here. http://about.aol.com/faq/openmailaccess
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Thanks! Guess these settings would be used with Chatter?
    I have an AIM aol account, it may be the same as an aol, but I'm not sure.

I didn't have to enable anything to get it working. Also, Chatter had a profile for aim already built in so all you have to enter are your credentials.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    When you are ready to setup Chatter for AOL, just look for it in the "Choose the account type drop down list and it is just that easy. Make sure you have your email address and passwords handy. It took about a minute or so to set it up on my wife's 650.

In addition, take the time to configure it completely, especially the setting(s) for saving the email to the card.

Ben
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    When you are ready to setup Chatter for AOL, just look for it in the "Choose the account type drop down list and it is just that easy. Make sure you have your email address and passwords handy. It took about a minute or so to set it up on my wife's 650.

In addition, take the time to configure it completely, especially the setting(s) for saving the email to the card.

Ben
    Thanks Ben. It's working! Guess I was making it more difficult than it needed to be. I thought I'd be able to respond to an email on my Treo with my Gmail address, but I can't find a way to do this. Any tips?