Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I am having some problems I didn't see addressed in other Java threads on the 680.

I have Kmaps, Google Maps both installed trying to use either. In both programs and the Java install program, the 5 way navigation key does not work as should in the drop down menus. When I click a direction button, the menu just goes away???

Kmaps is giving me an Throwable Error when I try to search a business with address. Then the application quits.

Anyone have any ideas? I have set my Java global prefs to this from another thread:

enable - use double buffering
    enable - use high resolution cordinates
    set memory maximum: 8mb
    Set maximum Java thread stack size: 32kb

Thanks!

aaron
    Google Maps isn't java on the 680, it's just a normal prc file.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    You still have to have Java installed. Also 5-way navigation is not supported by most Java applications. Ben
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Google Map is a *native* PalmOS program (.prc) while Google Gmail is a Java applicaion. So you don't need Java installed if you just want to run the Google map program.

BTW, I'm having problems running Java, too...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Nice! I didn't realize that Google Maps had a PRC file... much better than the Java app. and Kmaps for that matter. I just wish I could store locations in the program like Kmaps. Oh well.. it seems faster and better map.

Thanks guys! I am ditching the Java stuff for now.

aaron
    Color me stupid for not paying attention! Thanks. And he is correct, Java is not required for Google Maps, it is though for Google Map. I am blind sometimes. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by aaronchow View Post
    Google Map is a *native* PalmOS program (.prc) while Google Gmail is a Java applicaion. So you don't need Java installed if you just want to run the Google map program.

BTW, I'm having problems running Java, too...