Someone had to.

I want my flashing LED.
    sure........why not.
    Yay team go team YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY team.

What's an L.E.D.?
  4. DTS
    losers
    Absolutely! Bring back the flasher!
    Unfortunately, it's called a 650 with treoantenna.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    anti flasher here. What are we talking about again??
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    OK, I'll abandon my own thread and join you guys! I LOVE MY FLASHING LED!!! Bring it back!
    Damn 680 w/ no flashing LED ... that STINKS!
    Nope. Both my brother and i used programs to turn that LED off.

My bro was happy when a spirnt firmware had that option in the preferences...

THEN again we are not CHATTER (butler?) programs that took advantage of the LED.

*shrugs*
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I'm definitely NOT with you, as I hated the LED flashing constantly. However, I don't like when companies take features away, rather than simply giving us the option to turn it off or on. It would have been much simpler to simply put a checkbox somewhere in the preferences that did what LEDoff did.

Of course, if they're using a different LED altogether, it may be to save some cost per unit.

Similarly, it boggles my mind that they would take away the ability to customize some of the hardware buttons. Fortunately, there are great developers out there fixing these issues with relatively cheap shareware. But it's silly that we need add-ons to get functionality BACK. Just give us choices. I realize they're trying to appeal to newcomers by simplifying things. That's fine. Set the defaults however you like. But give us the ability to change the defaults.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    I am fo rthis one. If I am notmistaken the only phones which suport his are samsung. I get used to it with my old Ericsson T28 and T39 phones and was really happy my Treo does have it as well.

This one is a real bummer!!!
    a) could see if I am on network
    b) recevied SMS
    c) missed alarm

I am not so crazy about the color coding of each status, but at least the frequency of each flash for specific attention would be nice.
    Do you folks know that if flashes red if your aren't on the network? No flash means it's on the network as long as the phone is turned on.

I like this design better than having a flashing LED at night in my car (proclip holder) telling me that I am on the network.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    I'm definitely NOT with you, as I hated the LED flashing constantly.
    Agreed!
    Absolutely HATE HATE HATE the flashing LED. I almost sent my 650 back when I realized there was no "off" button for this incredibly annoying "feature". It was only when I discovered LEDOff (should be named SomethingElse-Off, methinks) that I decided I could keep it.

I understand some folks want/need it, fine, but if it is brought back, it better damn well be a preference. Even LEDOff didn't work perfectly -- stupid, annoying flashing would come back on every now and then, all on its own.

Like I suspect most people, I am rarely if ever out of coverage, so basically, the blinking would happen for the entire lifetime of my using the device, with no means to turn it off. What sense is that???
    I like the flasking LED for it service but can live without it. But, I NEED the rapidly flashing LED for new e-mails. I can't function easily without that!
    Can we get a flashing PHONE?! Think how cool the crimson and arctic would look!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Can we get a flashing PHONE?! Think how cool the crimson and arctic would look!
    I think you need to put down the mouse and step away from the keyboard.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE View Post
    I think you need to put down the mouse and step away from the keyboard.
    seriously...imagine a hack/app to get the button lights to flash for SMS messages - I do believe you'd need three spare batteries for that one!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    seriously...imagine a hack/app to get the button lights to flash for SMS messages - I do believe you'd need three spare batteries for that one!
    Only 3?
    Moose Man
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast