Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I absolutely love having the flashing LED. Bring it back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by leakylegsrider View Post
    I hated the flashing LED, and used software to turn it off.

What I don't understand is why people need the LED to see what the phone is doing from across the room. When I am in a meeting, I switch to vibrate, and when something happens, I get a jiggle in my pants.

I have been in a zillion meetings and have yet to be in one so important and/or engrossing that when my pants started jiggling, I couldn't pull my phone out to see what's up.
    This quote, paired with your username, just made me spew my breakfast.

Thank you for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post

Thank you for that.
    I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
    hahahah!

And yeah, I'd rather have the blinking light so I know that it's still in service or not without having to turn the screen on. Very useful when you're expecting a call and then find out there's no service, haha and with my old Nokia I never thought of turning it on to check for service.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    d
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post

Thank you for that.
    lmfao. Oh man, dirty minds are great.
    Just to add to this, i would like the flashing LED back too and according to Rob at Hobbyist software the 680 has the hardware to do it...want proof ;-) do a #*49878 on the phone screen and run the LED test...lookee it flashes.
    Trouble is Palm have removed the abilty for developers to code for that particular LED and the others even.

If we want it back its up to Palm to rectify this situation.
    AUSPUG Melbourne Co-Ordinator
    Visit us at...
    Australian Palm Users Group
    heh cool. Here's hoping that Palm will change this soon! More petitions, anyone? Somehow I don't think there are too many of us who like the flashing LED, but it never hurts to voice what you want.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    heh cool. Here's hoping that Palm will change this soon! More petitions, anyone? Somehow I don't think there are too many of us who like the flashing LED, but it never hurts to voice what you want.
    its not about like or dislike.. why dont people understand that?
    its about OPTIONS. Palm should NEVER have cripped anything in the phone. The flashing LED should be OPTIONAL so that you can have it if you want it or not have it if you dont want it. Any other kind of thinking on this subject is FLAWED LOGIC.

thanks
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    its not about like or dislike.. why dont people understand that?
    its about OPTIONS. Palm should NEVER have cripped anything in the phone. The flashing LED should be OPTIONAL so that you can have it if you want it or not have it if you dont want it. Any other kind of thinking on this subject is FLAWED LOGIC.

thanks
    So well said mate I couldnt agree more
    AUSPUG Melbourne Co-Ordinator
    Visit us at...
    Australian Palm Users Group
    I am with all of you on this one. Having a phone on the table I don't even know if its turn on or not. SMS notifications, missed calls I can go on. This is really MISSING feature. I wrote it while ago, but I think only Samsung these days and Ericsson T line in the past are the ONLY phones having led notifications working .
    Otherwise I just can't get enough of my 680. Its just a very lovely gadget and with Palm OS on it . . . simply excellent! I am writing Santa to get me at least another two for back up . . .

Anybody here from Palm or anybody knows a link to Palm support where can we send an email?
    Same with me. I returned my 680 and will stay with the 650/Treoantenna until the LED capabilities get worked out.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123