1.    #1  
    Treo 700p. I need help installing the aac plugin for tcpmp. Yes, I have searched this forum, and googled, and have tried for some time to do this, so please don't flame me for asking for help.

I think I need some step by step advice, as I am no "expert" using the treo. I successfully installed tcpmp via the "palm quick install" tool and USB cable. I have verified that the tcpmp install works on my treo, but after finding that I get no sound when playing mpeg4, it appears I need to install the aac plugin. (my goal is to be able to view the same video on my ipod and treo).

I have downloaded the tcpmp_aac_plugin, and it comes in a .zip file. The Zip includes two files: aac.setup.0.66.exe and aac.smartphone.0.66.exe. There is also another sub-zip file containing a number of aac.cabs.

Now, I cannot figure out how to install the .exe's onto my treo. I assume this is simple, but I just don't get it.

When I first executed the files on my PC, I recieved the error message: "activesync not found on this PC." So, I downloaded and installed Microsoft Activesync. However, as I do not use Outlook Express or Microsoft Exchange Server, Activesync complained that it could not find Outlook.

I rebooted the PC and ran the aac.setup exe's again. This time the PC told me that the applications would be installed on the next hotsync. I did this, but the mpeg4 files still play with no sound.

Also, I tried emailing the .exe to myself, but I can't get them to open and execute on the Treo. (what am I doing wrong?)

I also saved the .exe's to my 4GB SD card using my PC and card reader, but I am apparently too dumb to figure out how to open these from my SD card on/in the Treo. (Maybe someone can explain this, too). Thanks.
    You need to license the aac codec, that's why TCMPC doesn't include it anymore. Look for it in eMule or similar places.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    It sounds like you have the wrong plug-ins. I believe those are for windows mobile.
    Make April 15th just another day. Fairtax
    Or missed 2nd part of your post. Look for the PalmOS version not WM5 version.
    you looking for tcpmp.aac.zip and it should have a prc in it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    you looking for tcpmp.aac.zip and it should have a prc in it.
    Thanks! That did it. I did have the windows version. Installed now, and working!