1.    #1  
    Hi there!

Just wondering if there is anyone attempting to remove his/her camera from the treo 680? I bought mine today, and i need to remove it due to restrictions at my work place.

If someone has done it already, please share your method and experience. Thanks!

By the way, at the top right hand corner of the back of the 680, there's a black rubbery 'plug'. Is that the insert that covers up the screw with the warranty seal?

Any idea how to remove it?

Many thanks!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Canīt you just paint that glass in front of the lens?
    How about buying one without the camera?
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Just buy a 680 WITHOUT the camera. They sell those, you know. No need to void the warranty.
    Just wondering, what is the restriction at your work? Do you work in an area that is Top Secret? I'm not being a Smart A** or anything, just wondering.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    my younger brother is in the same boat. he works for a company that does government contracting (mostly software-related, i believe), and once he received certain security clearances he was no longer allowed to have a camera phone.
    I understand. It would suck to have a camera on the phone but not be able to take it in the workplace. I would take/send the phone back and order the one without the camera, that would be the best and safest way!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    i agree completely. my brother actually bought an old, "crappy," camera-less gsm phone off of ebay to use during the week at work. he's looking at smartphone/pda's which don't include cameras now as a more efficient full-time replacement.
    Check the marketplace. I am sure that new 680 users like myself will soon be selling their cameraless 650s.
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    The restriction is probably some government building. I'm an immigration attorney and while the Department of Justice Immigration Court building allows phones with cameras, the Department of Homeland Security Citizenship and Immigration Services building does not. So my solution is to just switch phones (switch the SIM) for the short time I will be in there.

Now about the rubbery plug, that is probably something that covers the antenna as some antennas you can plug in boosters and the like. That's where it would plug in to.