1.    #1  
    i bought the Crimson (Red) and a white phone for my wife. The keyboard on the white phone lights up substantially better than the red phone. The red color reduces the amount of light getting to the key. The white keyboard is like the Treo 650 keyboard, i.e. very bright. The red phone keyboard is a little dull, especially if you reduce the overall brightness of the phone.
    I don't think this warrants a "warning" this should be obvious to anyone that the colored keys aren't as bright as the white keys. I have a Crimson and a Treo 750v and I much much much prefer it like this. That was the whole reason I got the Crimson and not the Graphite.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    post a pic w/ them in the dard side by side..
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  4.    #4  
    see if you can guess which is which...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    WOW! There is a differense.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    hmmm... assuming the normal white balance problems with a Treo photo (assumes you took the pic with another treo), My guess is that you can still see the letters and type in the dark, if necessary. Is that correct? (Can't wait to find out for myself later today!)
    All it shows is that the "dark" keys on the crimson and copper are dark like the dark number keys on the graphite. It's just more dark keys on those models. Really, this is like shouting "look out, it gets dark at night time".
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  8.    #8  
    its certainly useable, but if u have the screen brightness down its not so clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    ... Really, this is like shouting "look out, it gets dark at night time".
    That's certainly something I'd consider important. But everyone's different, of course.
    With my copper I find it just as usable, The keys are just reversed from the 650. It does make me glow as bright either.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I think for me at least as a frequent "dumb" phone user I'd rather have the lights under most of that "new" QWERTY keyboard layout I'll have to get used to, rather than the dial keys which I know by heart...so at least that will be good w/ arctic from my viewpoint, esp when texting!