Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Part of the problem is the lack of instructions. With my WM devices, the instructions were as clear as day. I am going to look through the documentation again to see if I find some specific instructions. I don't want to chance it again unless I know for sure it won't screw up. It took me hours to clean up the duplicates from the server.
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by defii View Post
    Apparently, there is also a limination on how far back you can sync your inbox. On the WM devices, you can synchronize all - regardless of how old they are. I could not even find an option for that on the 680. So, ultimately it does not seem like a workable option for those of us who depend on the Exchange Server.
    Go to preferences in VersaMail and select Incoming and deselect Mail from Last and Events from last and you should be able to sync all mail and events that are in your Outlook.

I had the same problem with my 650 and 700 where I had to resync and it duplicated contacts and events. Frustrating!!! I'm currently having a problem with the 680 where it stops syncing and I get some error stating something about the machine?!?!? I know it is a Treo problem as I switch my SIM into my Blackjack and it syncs fine.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstevens View Post
    Go to preferences in VersaMail and select Incoming and deselect Mail from Last and Events from last and you should be able to sync all mail and events that are in your Outlook.

I had the same problem with my 650 and 700 where I had to resync and it duplicated contacts and events. Frustrating!!! I'm currently having a problem with the 680 where it stops syncing and I get some error stating something about the machine?!?!? I know it is a Treo problem as I switch my SIM into my Blackjack and it syncs fine.
    I'll give that a try. It seems like it's better to sync OTA with the Exchange Server before connecting to the desktop and using syncing the other stuff. Any thoughts on that?
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by defii View Post
    I'll give that a try. It seems like it's better to sync OTA with the Exchange Server before connecting to the desktop and using syncing the other stuff. Any thoughts on that?
    The first time I synced I did OTA and got the error a few hours later. I then rebuilt my exchange account and did a pc sync and it was a day later that I got the error. By the way I just got the error again. It says that it couldn't connect and here is the detail error message:

AirSAMStateMachine.c540 3

I put my SIM in the Blackjack.....no problem syncing. Any suggestions?
    I had the same dup problem first sync. paid a few buks and got duplicate remover. worked a charm. probably freeware available...but whatever. agree it would be nice to have palm fix this...but not a deal breaker...
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstevens View Post
    The first time I synced I did OTA and got the error a few hours later. I then rebuilt my exchange account and did a pc sync and it was a day later that I got the error. By the way I just got the error again. It says that it couldn't connect and here is the detail error message:

AirSAMStateMachine.c540 3

I put my SIM in the Blackjack.....no problem syncing. Any suggestions?

Is the Exchange Server with which you are synchronizing a corporate server or is it hosted server? I am referring to a hosted service like 1and1 or 4smartphone.
    David
    Okay, just got my cool looking copper 680 and it's going back tomorrow. It's kinda sad actually cause I love the screen but after using the Blackjack, the 680 is just sooo big! That's not the only reason though...

I was going to use it and switch back and forth with the BJ (that's using Goodlink).

I setup the 680 with ActiveSync out of the box and wanted to share the following with you all:

1. I did not have the problem with duplicates. I didn't install Hotsync though. I just configured Exchange Server on the 680.

2. The Mail app doesn't do push email. After setting it up, I had to have it poll every 5 minutes (the smallest interval).

3. Tasks and notes do not sync with the Exchange Server.

I'm sure this is nothing new to people but I thought Palm was coming out (and they still could be) with a better syncing method to Exchange Server. On my Blackjack, I don't even have ActiveSync installed on my PC.

I don't know... maybe I'll try Goodlink on it. I really liked the Treo cause of the screen and the color. My company is Orange Telecom. Get it? Orange Treo... Orange Telecom? lol I know... it's silly...
    Brandon
    No, VersaMail doesn't do push anything. I use ChatterEmail for my push email needs, even with Exchange.

As for PIM sync, there is sadly no good OTA solution for syncing w/o a central server (like Good). There is a development effort (xChangeSync) going on for full OTA, push PIM sync with Exchange... but it's still very early beta (I'd call it alpha). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this turns into a real product, because it would be a wonderful addition to the Palm app space.
    VersaMail is always going to sync calendar and contacts on its first sync. This is not device specific, but software specific. Yes, you can uncheck syncing of calendar and contacts in the options for going forward syncs, but it will always do it on your first sync. Since you have a new device, it considers it a first sync. Don't blame your 680, blame the software.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    No, VersaMail doesn't do push anything. I use ChatterEmail for my push email needs, even with Exchange.

As for PIM sync, there is sadly no good OTA solution for syncing w/o a central server (like Good). There is a development effort (xChangeSync) going on for full OTA, push PIM sync with Exchange... but it's still very early beta (I'd call it alpha). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this turns into a real product, because it would be a wonderful addition to the Palm app space.
    Looks interesting enough. I checked out the website and it looks like it's not working on the 680 yet. Are you using it?

I tried installing Good on the 680 and kept getting an internal error on it. I think I'm done with the 680. Maybe they'll make an orange Blackjack! lol
    Brandon
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
    Looks interesting enough. I checked out the website and it looks like it's not working on the 680 yet. Are you using it?

I tried installing Good on the 680 and kept getting an internal error on it. I think I'm done with the 680. Maybe they'll make an orange Blackjack! lol

Well, I totally understand. I really, really wanted the Treo 680 to work for me. But it simply does not do the job with my Exchange Server. In fact, it appears that this is not unique to the 680. The Palm OS doesn't do a good job with its licensed ActiveSync module.

On another note, I bought one as a gift for someone. At the end of the first day, with fairly limited use (she has no data plan, thus no Internet access), the battery was almost dead. All she could lament was, "I really liked the color of this phone [copper]." Whatever the case, it sounds like she is ready to return it right along with mine.
    David
    It? ChatterEmail is definitely tested on the 680. The PIM sync product is still waiting on a new build I believe. I don't get my 680 for another day or two -- oh the agonizing wait! -- so I can't say from personal experience.

Oh, I gave up on Good on the 650 almost two years ago... not going back there. In fact, our company got so tired of it and the cost that we're soon dropping it altogether. But please oh please don't let Good be the reason you give up.... it's totally not worthy of that, IMHO.
    taroliw, I was talking about xChangeSync that you mentioned.

As for Good, yeah, I don't like paying for the service but I love that it syncs better than anything else with Outlook (Mail, Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Calendar). I've even tried OTA ActiveSync but the Treo 700wx was the only device that was very reliable. I have a Mac, Win laptop and desktop and use Outlook on all of them so syncing to Exchange is pretty important and on a mobile device, Good has come through pretty good.

I just tried Good on the 680 and was disappointed after using it on the Blackjack. The fonts are too big, you can't change them and I thought the graphics made the beautiful 680 screen look bad.
    Brandon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12