1.    #1  
    Anybody yet had experience with a bluetooth earphone?

How does it compare with the 650 which was marginal at best? Always have complaints from people that my voice is being clipped. Volume never loud enough, especially in a car.

Eagerly awaiting field reports.
    Last edited by bioguy; 12/02/2006 at 10:52 PM. Reason: misspelled earphone
    Which headset?
    I'm using the original Treo Bluetooth headset and the voice quality is as bad as the 650's although this may have more to do with the headset than the 680.....
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos View Post
    I'm using the original Treo Bluetooth headset and the voice quality is as bad as the 650's although this may have more to do with the headset than the 680.....
    I have the Treo Branded BT Headset and I noticed immediatley that it paired better, and that the connection, sound, voice and reception was improved slightly. I liked this headset, and the 680 has improved the performanace somewhat, but I found the new Plam Ultralight Headset for $79.95, so I am going to buy that to use with the 680.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Where did you find the ultralight for $79.95?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Yea, could you link us on that headset?
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Yea, could you link us on that headset?

I had Holiday Pricing last week from Super Warehouse. There are still a number of suppliers that have the headset (No longer $79 - sorry) from $85 to $99. Palm sells it for $129.99. I will have mine tomorrow or Tuesday, since I selected Ground shipping and I have a working headset, I did not need to expedite.

Here is a cnet link with all of the sellers and price ranges - decide for yourself!! Happy shopping!!!

http://shopper.cnet.com/Palm_Treo_Ul...-31933713.html
    Rewards Network

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Outstanding!! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    THis is just the Plantonic rebranded right??
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    THis is just the Plantonic rebranded right??
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Yes$, $but$ $it$ $also$ $is$ $able$ $to$ $charge$ $with$ $the$ $Treo$ $charger$, $which$ $the$ $645$ $is$ $not$ -$at$ $least$ $the$ $packages$ $currently$ $being$ $sold$ $here$ $at$ $TC$ $are$ $not$ - $info$ $from$ $an$ $email$ $from$ $TC$ $confirms$ $this$.

This is supposed to be the same headset as the plantronic discovery 645, with the DSP feature, etc. I have seen some really good reviews, and at the price I fopund, I took the plunge. I opted for the Palm Branded, because I had great experience with the other Treo Branded Headset, even though they are all made by someone else .
    Rewards Network

The palm ultralight is a good headset....essentially it's just the Plantronics 645 branded palm. For the money I would go for the plantronics 655. It's a nicer headset and you'll appreciate the upgrade.