1.    #1  
    I tried to update the rom by deleting the fatfs and replacing it with fat32 using romtool and uploaded it to my phone. Now my phone is constantly resetting and looks all lit up like an xmas tree. How can I stop the resets without frying my phone???? HELP
    I do not believe your phone is "fried." Others with Custom ROM experience will know how to fix the situation or will be able to point you to previous threads where the recovery process has been posted. . . . hang in there.
  3.    #3  
    I've been searching franticly on here and can't seem to figure out the best way to get out of the reset loop. I know it's a Saturday night........hopefully someone can help bail me out before my treo starts smoking!!
    I am looking for threads . . . .here is one:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ustom+rom+loop
    Keswick-

Did you backup your treo to an sd card first? If so hard reset and see if it comes up. If not let me know.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

James -- would it have been safe to tell him to pull the battery to stop the looping for the moment -- until a fix was identified?
  7.    #7  
    I didn't back up to an sd card. I've figured out how to stop the loop by getting to the bootloader rainbow page, but from there I'm stuck. I tried a soft reset and that just makes it go into the reset loop again....
  8.    #8  
    OK, tonight's drama is over........ My phone is alive! (after 2 hours of constant resets). Tomorrow I'll have to try this again. In case anyone else runs into reset loops when attempting the customized rom...... don't fear. Just get back to the bootloader rainbow screen, upload a rom that you know works and your phone will come back to life! To be continued tomorrow.....
    I was having the SAME issue as you. I spent a few hours poking around and found this post that solved all my problems.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=16

Hope that helps!
    You updated the ROM without backing up your Treo? Did you miss that part of the instructions???
    Quote Originally Posted by ethulin View Post
    I was having the SAME issue as you. I spent a few hours poking around and found this post that solved all my problems.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=16

Hope that helps!
    Seems like a very obscure fix.

For starters he was using an old version of the ROM Tool. Sounds like a bug that was quickly fixed in the next release. ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    You updated the ROM without backing up your Treo? Did you miss that part of the instructions???

How does the saying go, you can led a horse to water............
    Thought of the day :
    Quote Originally Posted by keswick View Post
    I tried to update the rom by deleting the fatfs and replacing it with fat32 using romtool and uploaded it to my phone. Now my phone is constantly resetting and looks all lit up like an xmas tree. How can I stop the resets without frying my phone???? HELP
    You didn't by any chance rename the Fat32 file to Fatfs did you ?
    Thought of the day :