1.    #1  
    Am I misreading this? If this is the case, it really will be a entry-level phone! You can even get a BT headset...

http://www.amazon.com/palm-Treo-680-...bosnation0e-20

I've been lurking for forever, and saw this, and hadn't seen it posted yet, so if someone else has posted it, I apologize... I'm just shocked...
    looks like you reading it right to me.

Equipment Discount Information: Your price paid includes an equipment discount of $250 that has been provided to you by Amazon.com for activating a new, non-substitute line of service with Cingular and maintaining this new line of service with the selected rate plan in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive days. If these conditions are not met, you herein agree to a $250 reimbursement to be paid to Amazon.com. This reimbursement of the $250 equipment discount will only be charged if the above conditions are not met. See full service requirements.
    Special Offer: Get a FREE Logitech Mobile Express Bluetooth headset when you purchase a qualifying Bluetooth-enabled phone. Just add both items to your Shopping Cart and use this promotional code at checkout: LOGITECH. The cost of the headset will be deducted from your order total. Offer valid only while supplies last. (Applies only to products sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to products sold on our site by third-party merchants or through third-party areas such as Amazon.com Marketplace, Auctions, or zShops.) Here's how.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Hold the phone... umm.. You don't want that.

Product Dimensions: 4.4 x 2.4 x 0.9 inches ; 6.2 pounds

You might need a chiropractor.
  4.    #4  
    That must be the early 90's version of the 680... that explains the price!

That is too funny...
    OMG that is hysterical! Does this 680 come in a bag phone version?
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
    Lolrofl
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by priustoric View Post
    Am I misreading this? If this is the case, it really will be a entry-level phone! You can even get a BT headset...

http://www.amazon.com/palm-Treo-680-...bosnation0e-20

I've been lurking for forever, and saw this, and hadn't seen it posted yet, so if someone else has posted it, I apologize... I'm just shocked...
    This is Part of Palms mass market strategy, they are sacrificing profits for a wider audience w/ the lower prices. Palm wants to bring in many more customers and the vehicle to do that with is the 680 at much lower prices than previous Treos.

Now if they can just get the new ad campaign in gear.
    amazon always does this. you can get pretty good prices from them if you sign up for service.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    This is an awesome deal. But I get a pretty good discount on my rate plan as a faculty member at a university and I don't have to pay activation fees either. So by the time I add up the extra $15 a month and the activation fees the deal isn't looking so hot afterall. Unless I can call Cingular and get them to use my state discount for the rate plan after I buy through Amazon?