Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Very impressive update by mOcean:

http://software.treonauts.com/product.asp?id=5890

Jeff

mOcean is a truly portable multimedia player that you can use in many different ways guaranteeing maximum flexibility and entertainment.

Music
    Listen to your music collection on your Treo in a completely new way!
    Create, save, load playlists on-the-go, access your personal music collection according to artist, album or song title, or rate your own music and sort your playlists according to your own ratings. Listen to music in the background, while using another program.

Internet Radio
    Listening to your favorite Internet Radio shows has never been easier.
    Simply turn the wheel and select to listen to one of our recommended, popular channels or add your own favorites to the list!

Live Podcasts
    Play Podcasts from device directly from mOcean.
    Subscribe and play your favorite podcasts or browse through the list of recommended podcasts.

Audiobooks
    Turn the wheel and listen to your collection of audio books, it's that easy. We have also arranged for some books to be available to you at no cost.

Photo albums
    View your photo albums or play them as a slideshow.
    mOcean includes a photo library player, allowing you to create photo sets to present as slide shows, or view photos individually.

Videos
    Play your video smoothly and vividly, and bring your Treo to life like never before.

Make your Treo really yours
    Personalize your Treo by changing and customizing skins, setting background image or selecting interface that fits you best. Number of customization options guarantees maximum flexibility and entertainment.

Visual Effects
    Enhance your music experience by making it visual.
    mOcean 3 comes with implemented music visualizer.
    Check 'My mOcean' to download "Interference" and other visualizers.

Sync your music
    Synchronize your music with iTunes on Windows or Mac, and sync it 10 times faster than usual. HotSync or connect your Treo as USB disc and transfer your multimedia between PC and Treo easily.

My mOcean
    With all this at your fingertips you may never want more, but is there more?
    Go to My mOcean, search and enjoy in more, more of everything.
    Explore the ocean and make your Treo like you always wanted!

Features:
    Create, save and load playlists on-the-go
    Play MP3 by artist, album, genres or song title, or play according to your own ratings
    Listen to music in the background
    Synchronize your music with iTunes on Windows or Mac
    Listen to recommended Internet Radios or add your own favorites
    Subscribe and play your favorite podcasts or browse the recommendations
    Turn the wheel and listen to your collection of audio books
    View your photo albums or play them as a slideshow
    Play your video smoothly and vividly
    Personalize your Treo by changing and customizing skins, background image or selecting interface that fits you best
    Integrated with phone features
    I would love to have one application that could play music and videos and show pictures. Also IMHO the mOcean user interface is better than any PocketTunes skin. And it displays album art, which is a nice plus. This should be a killer app.

But I can't get the trial version to play any music or video or show any pictures! Considering how unstable previous versions of mOcean have been, there is no way I would buy it without a thorough trial. Another problem - every time I go to play music, it search my entire collection (about 700 songs on a 4 GB SD card) which takes about 30 seconds. Why can't mOcean scan my collection as fast as PocketTunes (less than 10 seconds) and remember it for next time?

I played with the mOcean 3 trial for 15 minutes and sadly deleted it.
    Actually, one application that will do what ptunes/mOcean and Kinoma is even better. Streaming video and audio should be part of the capability of the application.
    Maybe Kinoma is it .. but I don't like it's user interface.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    i tried to get Mocean 3 to play songs, but it wont! looks very nice though.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Most everything is working for me.
    I had purchased mOcean and upgraded OTA.

I really like the new interface and the additional setting options.

In the limited time that I have tested it I have noticed the following bugs:

1. The provided internet radio stations work, but I am not able to connect with the stations that I manually input. mOcean recognizes them but will not stream them.

2. Album information is not recognized for many of my songs. It should not be a tag issue because they are newly purchased and are recognized by pTunes.

3. I am not able to actually download the UI skins/Visual effects from My mOcean online. It gives me the download save prompt, but does not actually download to RAM or to the SD card.

4. The initial music scan takes longer than pTunes, but not nearly as long as Kinoma. It seems that there should be an option to cache and manually rescan when necessary.

The videos/photos work very well and I like the interface.
    The volume boost seems to correct a previous low volume issue.

These are my initial thoughts.
    If I can get my own internet radio stations to play, it will probably replace pTunes for me as my primary music player.

Jeff
    am I correct?
    MO plays only mp3s, no wma?
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jt999 View Post

The initial music scan takes longer than pTunes, but not nearly as long as Kinoma. It seems that there should be an option to cache and manually rescan when necessary.

Jeff
    See part two of my Kinoma Player 4 EX review on TC's front page. The next FREE update due out probably next week will have initial run-time scans at least 75% faster, and scans will also be cached and cancellable

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    See part two of my Kinoma Player 4 EX review on TC's front page. The next FREE update due out probably next week will have initial run-time scans at least 75% faster, and scans will also be cached and cancellable

Harv
    personally i would rather be able to tell it now to scane certain directories. I dont want it to scan my mp3 files.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    personally i would rather be able to tell it now to scane certain directories. I dont want it to scan my mp3 files.
    Make your desires known to Kinoma. Write to support@kinoma.com and / or go to http://www.kinoma.com and join their Forums and post there

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    Make your desires known to Kinoma. Write to support@kinoma.com and / or go to http://www.kinoma.com and join their Forums and post there

Harv
    posted it on their forum after i posted here.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have the full version of MO3 running, but have the following problems that I can't seem to figure out yet. Any help is appreciated:

How do I delete a podcast listing?
    why are synced podcasts not in the podcast folder after the sync process?
    how do I delete internet radio station listing that has been added?
    how do I remove recommended podcast directory or individual listings?

I like the new product, just having pains in learning and still waiting for that update that was supposed to be here this week.....
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Just downloaded the trial for mOcean and it won't allow me to play any music or view any vides or stream any music without first registering.
    How stupid to have a trail and not allow the user to test the most basic function of your product.
    I mean I've seen slick GUI's before - now show me what the program can do.

When will developers learn to trust their clients . . . ?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    I have the full version of MO3 running, but have the following problems that I can't seem to figure out yet. Any help is appreciated:

How do I delete a podcast listing?
    why are synced podcasts not in the podcast folder after the sync process?
    how do I delete internet radio station listing that has been added?
    how do I remove recommended podcast directory or individual listings?

I like the new product, just having pains in learning and still waiting for that update that was supposed to be here this week.....

To delete an internet radio station, playlist song or podcast listing you just highlight the listing and then press the menu key on the 700p

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff! It works as you describe.

Only issue I am having is with the keyboard lights.

I have Mlights also, and Mocean keeps turning my lights on during the day, and I want them to stay off! I'll play with the settings, perhaps that will help.
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    I had the same problem with the not being able to play th music... However, I figured what the hell and I bought the application. It is damn slick. I love it with the following caveats:

1) You can't stop/pause playback without switching modes in classic mode. (I don't want the on screen circle- just the hard button controls). I have a case and I can access the hard buttons but not the screen without opening the case... But in order to swtich from navigation control to playback control you have to hit the Alt button. Agrivating but I can deal.

2) It needs to intergrate with Orb (orb.com). If this happens, this application will be out of this frillin' world. All of your music collection streamed with the mOcean/ipod like interface.

3) I wish you could tweak the hard buttons on the treo as much as they let you tweak the onscreen user interface.

I have only had it for a week and only with limited use so I reserve the right to complain/praise more later.

Dustin
    i think if you hit the option button on the treo, it switches modes to enable the 5-way center button to pause the tunes. This is with the on screen buttons. Only problem I am having is that it keeps turning on my keyboard lights.
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    the black button, isn't "alt" is it... :-) I use it, but I have to open the case - a pain...

One more complaint - how to delete files when you are donne listening to them..... very easy with ptunes.... but doesn't seem to be an option in mOcean.

and a question... does mOcean work with SAG?
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the trial of mOcean but can't get it to play anything. I see others had the same problem. Is there a solution? Thanks
    The trial won\'t play anything by design. You have to pay for the software to even give it a try. Don\'t bother. Terrible interface and mad skipping.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    The trial won\'t play anything by design. You have to pay for the software to even give it a try. Don\'t bother. Terrible interface and mad skipping.
    So, you can't try it out and they have a no refund policy!!! That's a good way to get new customers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast