Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I though Google Maps was supposed to be pre-installed on the 680....got my gorgeous arctic today from SFO, but I don't see Google Maps listed on the applications screen, nor is it on the CD.

Anyone?
    Hey K I'm glad you received your phone

I did see this on one our press releases

"The global provider of handheld computing and communications devices, Palm has also announced a free download of Google Maps for the Treo smart-phones including Treo 680, 700p, 650 and 600. Google Maps software is tied to search engine giant's online service and informs users about traffic conditions in 30 U.S. cities, provides driving directions, movable/scalable maps, and local search results for business locations as well as satellite and aerial views. The service will enable users to save favorite locations and routes"

I have some investigating to do this weekend

If I come up with anything I will you let you know
    Hey kmorris, try this

http://www.google.com/gmm/treo

Works great on my 680!
    You can download it, but as far I can see it's not preinstalled or on the CD of the unlocked or the Cingular 680.

Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    I though Google Maps was supposed to be pre-installed on the 680....got my gorgeous arctic today from SFO, but I don't see Google Maps listed on the applications screen, nor is it on the CD.

Anyone?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Treo View Post
    Hey K I'm glad you received your phone

I did see this on one our press releases

"The global provider of handheld computing and communications devices, Palm has also announced a free download of Google Maps for the Treo smart-phones including Treo 680, 700p, 650 and 600. Google Maps software is tied to search engine giant's online service and informs users about traffic conditions in 30 U.S. cities, provides driving directions, movable/scalable maps, and local search results for business locations as well as satellite and aerial views. The service will enable users to save favorite locations and routes"

I have some investigating to do this weekend

If I come up with anything I will you let you know

Stephanie! LOVE my phone....a big thanks again!!! Appreciate the offer to look into this. I'm going to try the link that wolverinewizard posted.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverinewizard View Post
    Hey kmorris, try this

http://www.google.com/gmm/treo

Works great on my 680!

Thanks!
    Not a problem K