1.    #1  
    If my 700p is in standby mode (or whatever you call the way it behaves when it's on but you're not using it), will a BT headset wake it up? And if so, do all BT models have the equivalent of the answer/hang up/invoke Voice Dial button that the included headset has? Any models to look for or avoid, in other words?

The reason for the question is that Voice Dial is now supposed to work with BT, which means I wouldn't have to take out the Treo to use it in the car - I could just put on the BT headset.

TIA
    Voice Dial cannot be invoked via a Bluetooth headset on the 700p. You can answer and hang up via the headset, but that's it.
  3.    #3  
    I thought I remember reading that they have a new version that does invoke it. Are you sure about this?

Thanks for the reply, by the way.
    I've had my 700p and BT headset since the day the 700p came out so, yes, I'm sure. The 700p has a higher BT version than the 650 but you still can not invoke voice dial from it.
    I think there was an update for the Windows Treo that allowed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Voice Dial cannot be invoked via a Bluetooth headset on the 700p. You can answer and hang up via the headset, but that's it.
    Microsoft just update VoiceCommand over Bluetooth for WinMob 5 (Treo 700w). However I hear from early reports that BT Voice Command sucks....listen to the latest TreoCentral TreoCast...they do a mini-review and discuss it.
  7.    #7  
    I'll just take your word for it, since it's not all that great to start with.

Thanks everyone - no Bluetooth. I always thought those things were stupid anyway, since it's not exactly taxing to plug in a freaking headset cable. But right now some of them are so cheap that I thought it might be worth it to keep one in my car so I don't have to exert myself so strenously to take the Treo out of my pouch and (gasp) put it back in when I get out.