1.    #1  
    Does the data (USB) Cable that comes with the unlocked 680s charge from USB, or is it like the 650 where you have to plug the charger into the connector on the USB cable?
    It charges via the USB connection without the use of the separate power supply.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    keep in mind that this is used when you are using the device as a dial up modem

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwarn3rd View Post
    keep in mind that this is used when you are using the device as a dial up modem
    So, just to confirm, the standard USB cable that comes iwth an unlocked 680 will power the phone without the need of the wall charger. Correct?

The reason I ask is the the standard USB cable that came with the 650 I had from Sprint required the charger as well. I ended up buying a third party USB cable that woudl charge as well, but had to return it (along with the 650) when I left my last job

Thanks
    Geek that I am, I've been reading the 680 user manual in anticipation of receiving my little Crimson Crusader in the next couple of days. The manual definitely talks about the ability of the 680 to trickle charge over the USB connection.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Geek that I am, I've been reading the 680 user manual in anticipation of receiving my little Crimson Crusader in the next couple of days. The manual definitely talks about the ability of the 680 to trickle charge over the USB connection.
    I understand that the 680 can charge via USB. My question is does the cable that comes with the 680 from Palm perform this function? The standard cable supplied with my 650 from Sprint did not. I had to buy a third party sync cable in order to charge via USB

Could not get your manual link to open, but went to the Palm website and think I figured it out. From the Quick setup guide at http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...680gsm_GSG.pdf it seems to still require the wall charger
    Quote Originally Posted by geeper View Post
    I understand that the 680 can charge via USB. My question is does the cable that comes with the 680 from Palm perform this function? The standard cable supplied with my 650 from Sprint did not. I had to buy a third party sync cable in order to charge via USB

Could not get your manual link to open, but went to the Palm website and think I figured it out. From the Quick setup guide at http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...680gsm_GSG.pdf it seems to still require the wall charger
    Didn't I already say that it can - cable hooked up and shows charging - LED also shows "charging" so.......answered stop fretting about it.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.