1.    #1  
    I'm a Treo newbie, so I'm sure this is a question that applies to all Treos and not just the 680...

If you switch the phone to mute, I'm assuming that it goes into Vibrate mode? Or does it just go silent with no vibrate?

Assuming the answer to that question was that it goes into Vibrate mode, my next question is this: When in vibrate mode, does it apply the vibrate to all programs and all notifications? For example, if I am using an IM program and I get a new message, will the phone vibrate, or is that something that you need to adjust in the settings of each individual program?

It would be great if that setting applies to all programs.
    When you flip the switch on top to throw the phone into silent mode the default is to have the phone vibrate on all calls, alerts, etc.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelTreo View Post
    When you flip the switch on top to throw the phone into silent mode the default is to have the phone vibrate on all calls, alerts, etc.
    And this would include alerts even from 3rd party programs, or just from the native Treo programs? I guess I'm most interested in if this would apply to a 3rd party IM program like AOL or IM+
    It turns the sounds off on all programs, no noise will come from the phone.
    I use Verichat, and my phone is on vib most of the time unless I'm at home. I have it set in Verichat to vib and sound on incoming messages. So when I turn off the ringer, it still vibs but there is no sound. So I guess what I am saying is that it will depend on the program, but if the switch is set to No Sound, you will get No Sound
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    since you are new, you should also know that if you see an asterick in the upper left hand corner, you missed an alert. press the center button to see what it was.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Don't have my 680 yet <sniff> but on the 650, the vibrate behaviour is configurable. Go to the "Sounds" application / "Sounds and Alerts" preference panel and select the "Phone" pulldown at the top. You'll see a setting for vibrate behavour under the "Sound Mode Off" section at the bottom.
  8.    #8  
    Ok...thanks guys.