1.    #1  
    has any one setup DUN on an unlocked 680 yet? I was @ the palm store in newark airport & started playing w/ a crimson 680 & went into the bluetooth setting and did not see DUN option.
    Last edited by abarrios; 12/02/2006 at 01:42 PM.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    not sure yet but you may be able to use junefabrics pdanet software....hopefully they've got an update for the os.

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
    I haven't tried it yet, but on the 700p it has bluetooth dun even though there is no menu in the bluetooth app. You just connect to it, you don't have to set it like on the 650.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Correct..I have my 680 Cingular branded set up and can connect via bluetooth for internet access on my PC. No menu, just make a dial up connection via bluetooth, directions ar ein the 680 manual.
    the ads on Palm.com say you can use the 680 either via bluetooth or the USB as said above...
  6.    #6  
    great feed back. thx!!!
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    got it working with my Nokia Tablet 770
    Yes, it is enable in the background. Go to you your Bluetooth turn it ON, make sure your VISIBILITY: Visible, then go to SETUP DEVICES, then TRUSTED DEVICES, then ADD DEVICE. Once your device is added, click the name of your device, it should ask the device's security key. After entering your key, you should see a laptop icon in the upper right hand screen of your treo next to the battery icon.
    DUN tips for 680:

1. Bluetooth DUN is supported out of the box. It's somewhat painful to setup as PC Bluetooth clients generally suck. Despite all the hokey terminology of your PC's Bluetooth setup, you are basically setting up a virtual serial port which then connects to your Treo.
    The best description of howto setu this up was a short manual from Palm on DUN usage. It works fine for 680 too:
    Using Dialup Networking - http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...GSM_DUN_UG.pdf

2. June Fabrics now has pdaNet available for 680. www.junefabrics.com
    How can I praise this software enough - it makes Bluetooth and Cable DUN so easy and reliable. Praises and salutations to your developers. You get to try it out for a few weeks so you dont have to take my word for it.

3. The cable that comes with 680 is a charging USB cable. It trickle charges the Treo battery while it is connected to a USB hub or your PC. So if you travel with only your PC and the synch cable, you dont need to bother bringing the Treo charger and you know that your Treo will remain charged while you are using it as a modem. Pretty cool eh?
    anyone do the DUN on a MAC via BT? should be easier
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Yes, when pairing choose to use the 680 for internet dialing. Setup the login and and password, then use the normal Internet Connect app. Same as any other bluetooth phone.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    just did it http://captnswing.net/2005/07/11/treodun.html using that link and it worked! little computer icon pops up on the treo
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered