Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone using OSX having any issues syncing the 680 w/ iCal and Address Book? Will these sync "out of the box" or is a 3rd party solution required. About to order a 680, but wanted to see how this works first. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by amangamek View Post
    Anyone using OSX having any issues syncing the 680 w/ iCal and Address Book? Will these sync "out of the box" or is a 3rd party solution required. About to order a 680, but wanted to see how this works first. Thanks.
    Good question, I am wondering the same. I'm on a MacBook Pro, Intel-based.
    (palm processor is IntelŽ PXA270 312 MHz processor
    I think it should be ok though.

Caally.
    Not having any problems but I'm using Missing Sync for Palm OS 5.1.2. The Apple iSync conduit stinks and hasn't been updated in years. This is on a MacBook Pro.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i'll be using missing sync on my macbook. i can post my results later when i get it fully set up and running...
    Yeah don't load the Palm software. I'm running Missing Sync on my Copper 680 and it's great.
    I have just synced on my mimimac no problems with the Palm software or Isync
    I just got my 680 today and I have missing sync. Just downloaded it this week. I'm a little confused about how to go about syncing my treo. I don't know if I have my conduits correct. I should have the isync off, right?
    I backed up my data on my tungsten onto my macbook. Now what? I name my Treo something different right?
    The iSync conduit will only sync home addresses. It will not sync work addresses, even if the contact has only one address. If the contact has only a work address, it will sync no address to the Treo. It also won't sync any photos on the contact or birthdays, missing sync does those also.

Quote Originally Posted by theeaglehasland View Post
    I have just synced on my mimimac no problems with the Palm software or Isync
    can you sync your treo with entourage? i see the posts about ical, but I use entourage.

I just got my first mac this past summer, so some things are still new (like, I just figured out how to sync entourage calendar with ical, but ical takes all the category definitions away!)

thanks!
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Missing Sync is really the only way to go. The Palm Desktop program hasn't been updated in several years, and the Palm iSync conduit has always been flawed. Missing Sync has been steadily improving since it first came out, and it's a very worthwhile investment. I believe the Entourage conduit that you can download for free from Microsoft works fine with Missing Sync. Not sure. Haven't used Entourage in years.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    okay, got missing sync up and running with my mac and treo. had a conduit conflict at first, but found the solution in the missing sync support section. everything went fairly smoothly after that, and pulled some apps (bejeweled, ereader, and solitaire) from the cd that came with the treo and installed those as well. can't get my selected photo album from iphoto onto my treo, but haven't tried to really work on that yet (and it's not a deal-breaker if it ends up not working at all).

with my T5, i used the palm desktop and isync - that was a klugey way to sync and i didn't even want to start with that method on my new macbook. so, did a clean installation of missing sync and never even messed with the palm desktop at all.
    My phone numbers are missing their formatting, i..e, instead of (800) 555-1212 they are all listed at 8005551212
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    The iSync conduit will only sync home addresses. It will not sync work addresses, even if the contact has only one address. If the contact has only a work address, it will sync no address to the Treo. It also won't sync any photos on the contact or birthdays, missing sync does those also.
    Aw, man... No WONDER I keep losing stuff everytime I sync to my Mac. I even lost a ton of contacts this past year because of something with the iSync conduit... Need to stop putting off the purchase of "Missing Sync"...

Of course, syncing with my mac as well as work PC (Notes via Common Time - need to repurchase this, too) tends to just drive everything batty anyway...
    My Docs to Go conduit keeps failing. I went to the Missing Sync support page and saw that there was a patch to download.

I downloaded it and installed it, but it still keeps failing.

Any ideas?
    Note / Memo Pad
    forgive me if I am asking stupid question, I just switched from WM5! (OMG). when you use missing sync, does it sync your memo pad info? where do those save under? as text files? thanks!

Palm III > Clie > I-mate Jam > Treo 680
    A notepad application is included with Missing Sync. The memos are synced to it.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    SOHO Notes (neé StickyBrain) is a better replacement to Memo, or Notepad, or any other variation thereof. Of course, IMHO.
    Thanks so much!!!! I will do more research before my arctic one arrive tomorrow! (according to the UPS tracking #).......
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    update: missing sync is no longer working with my 680, and i don't know why. it now takes over an hour for a sync to complete, and no calendar or address changes are exchanged between my mac and treo. the first sync did seem to go okay - everything from my mac loaded onto my treo just fine. i'm going to uninstall missing sync and try to start over...
    Are you doing bluetooth or USB?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast