Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New to the 680 and the mac, but have found lots of great info on here!

I transferred my phone book from my old sim to the 680, but after isync I have duplicate entries in my address book and phone. I've cleaned everything up on my address book so that there is now only one entry. When I sync again, will it end up duplicating things again?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanyoung View Post
    New to the 680 and the mac, but have found lots of great info on here!

I transferred my phone book from my old sim to the 680, but after isync I have duplicate entries in my address book and phone. I've cleaned everything up on my address book so that there is now only one entry. When I sync again, will it end up duplicating things again?

Thanks!
    It's very easy to end up in this situation. Thankfully, using MissingSync you can wipte in either direction. So, if your Mac address book is more current, then have it overwrite phone on next sync. For me, I had my treo up to date and simply did the reverse. If you want to make absolutely sure of this behavior, delete all the entries on the target device, but still force a one-way sync.
    How would I go about deleting all of the entries on my address book on the treo; as well as the SIM, so that I could start over?

Thanks!
    I can't see a way to delete all on the Treo itself, i'm sure there are utilities to allow this. alternatively, you could hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    1.) Open Hotsync and make sure it's disabled and not set to startup at system startup or login.
    2.) Put the /Applications/Palm folder in the trash.
    3.) Put the /Library/Applications Support/Palm Desktop and /Library/Applications Support/Palm Hotsync folders in the trash.
    4.) Make sure there isn't anything in /Library/Startup Items folder for the Palm software.
    5.) Restart the Mac
    6.) Log back in and empty the trash. If you want to remove all traces go to your ~/Library/Preferences folder and remove all palm related preference files in the (usually com.palm.xxxxx files).
    Sweet! Thanks for the help.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Yeah, they both try to connect, then they just sit there; no progress bar as usual.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Does the Treo show anything start to be received? You do have bluetooth on, on the Treo right?

I don't run Missing Sync while sending a file but it shouldn't conflict anyway. It's waiting for a connection to start from the Treo, it's not sending data.
    How do I do a clean install using missing sync? I am looking at the other thread on doing a hard reset and reinstalling all the apps.

When i do a search for a PALM folder. I am not finding anything. Please help me out thanks
    Not sure how "clean" you're referring to, but if you wanted to uninstall Missingsync, the files it leaves behind for your Palm Profile are in "/Documents/Palm/Users/YourName"

Delete this dir, or back it up first then reinstall MissingSync.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    It's in:
    /Users/yourusername/Documents/Palm/Users/treoname

Some people also write:
    ~/Documents/Palm/Users/treoname

I control-click (or right-click) on the folder and Create an archive, move it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeZ View Post
    Not sure how "clean" you're referring to, but if you wanted to uninstall Missingsync, the files it leaves behind for your Palm Profile are in "/Documents/Palm/Users/YourName"

Delete this dir, or back it up first then reinstall MissingSync.
    Has anyone had any problems with their catagories when syncing? My catagories have gone haywire after syncing a couple of times and I have had to change them. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    rdeemed70 alias TreoDelta- Ooo-oop!!
    Coffeshop chic, gadget fiend...
    Treo 680... WHAT!
    The only real problem I've been having is getting my photos to show up on the Treo. I dump them in the "send to handheld" as I've always done on my other Palms, but they do not show up on the Treo, even though it says they were sent (ie I can't view them with Photso/Video app or find them on the Treo anywhere).
    I don't know what I did. but I restarted the iBook, and sent a file via Bluetooth to the MAC from the 680. It worked and now Bluetooth seems to be working fine.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123