1.    #1  
    Sorry I only seem to post when I have a problem, but it seems to be the place to look...

I have a Treo 650 that is about 1 year old and not under warranty. I downloaded a trial version of Agendus Pro yesterday just for something to mess around with. While it was installing, the phone froze (as the install was finishing). The phone became unresponsive. I left it alone for 15 minutes or so, but the screen never turned off and no keys would work. Eventually I gave up and did a soft reset. When it started back up, it got past the palmone screen and then hit the grey screen with (Palm) in the circle. It just sat there and the phone was unresponsive. I tried soft resetting a few times with the battery and with the little button in the back of the phone. I've not been able to get past that screen. What I'm wondering is whether or not I can fix this problem at home with software or hard resetting or if I need to take it in for repair. Obviously, being out of warranty I would prefer to fix it at home, but I can't see how I would do anything with it since it will not even boot.
    Do a warm reset. Keep the UP button on the 4-way pressed while you do a soft reset. Keep it pressed until the round Palm logo appears and then some.

This will start the Treo in a "safe" mode .. nothing running but the bare minimum to start up the Treo.

Now delete the application causing the problem. Do a normal reset after that.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    I owe you multiple beers if you are ever in Baltimore
  4.    #4  
    OK, I jumped the gun. I get the phone up, but hitting the home key to get to my programs reboots it. Any other way to access the programs to delete?
    That's bad news. The file where Applications launcher stores it's data ( psysLaunchDB.PDB ) is corrupt.

You could do a hard reset and re-install applications. That would be the best way. Note: rename the Backup folder on your PC or else all files will get installed back to the Treo from that directory when you Hotsync after hard reset.

Or try this: Locate the Backup folder and remove any Agendus files you see there. Do a hard reset. Your Treo is now in it's factory condition. Sync and cross your fingers that no Agendus related files get re-installed from the Backup folder. Hopefully, the psysLaunchDB.PDB in your Backup directory is not corrupt.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...1,Case=obj(887)
    This has description of all types of resets.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  7.    #7  
    Well....amazingly enough, after just screwing with it for a while, somehow I managed to get it to let me into the home menu where I was able to delete Agendus. I'm still holding my fingers crossed but it seems to have fixed it. Thanks for your help. Now I can go back to waiting to buy a new phone and not needing to buy one in the next week. I'm going on vacation to NYC next weekend and I was really counting on google maps and just basic scheduling and communication functionality.
    Weird, never heard of Agendus causing that sort of thing before. Did you have enough ram for the install? I'd say it needs at least 2-3 megs free just to install as a guess.