1.    #1  
    I prefer the 650 Phone App to the 680. it was a little more sophisticated and I prefer the way favorites operated. Anyone know if I can load it into the 680? I have managed to copy the app onto SD but 680 says I don't have enough memory to load it. Anyone?
  2. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    I prefer the 650 Phone App to the 680. it was a little more sophisticated and I prefer the way favorites operated. Anyone know if I can load it into the 680? I have managed to copy the app onto SD but 680 says I don't have enough memory to load it. Anyone?
    I don't think that what you're suggesting is possible without loading a custom rom with the 650 software and I dare say that would be a risky proposition...it just might not work at all.

A compromise option is to use a solution like TakePHONE which duplicates the functionality of the 650 style favorites while providing additional functionality. It was my standard interface on the 600 and 650 and still translates nicely to the 680. You can find a beta to test out at www.shsh.com/beta and can get general info about the software at www.shsh.com or on this forum. TakePhone also has a thread in the Developers section of this forum as well. FYI..the current version which is 7.00 (002) has a minor issue with how the 'phone' button switches between TakePhone and the internal phone app. Otherwise it seems to work quite well. No other issues or resets for me. Take a look. And BTW, I am not affiliated with the company...just like the software and appreciate the attentiveness that the developer (Shimon) pays to his customers.

Good luck!!
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I agree - I think the 650 phone app is much better than the 680. I will also have a look at TakePHONE ... many thanks for the info
  4.    #4  
    tried it after I read your response. I run goodlink which unfortunately didn't work with it.

still prefer to get Phone2 to work again.
  5. sda
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    tried it after I read your response. I run goodlink which unfortunately didn't work with it.

still prefer to get Phone2 to work again.
    Well at least you got to try it out. I had goodlink on my 650 but after I installed it and realized it TOOK OVER my phone, I said 'no way' and removed it. My employer will just have to wait til I check email the old fashioned way. If it's that critical, someone will call me.
    I know this is late in teh game, but what's the differences between the 650 and 680 phone app?