Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The link for palm's "special shipping" says that shipping for Graphite Unlocked 680s is still 1-2 weeks away as of TODAY. Apparently, all colors are good to go...

http://web.palm.com/support/special_shipping_msg.jhtml
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    DAMNIT PALM! This is a complete load of bull. If I get a color I don't want, I get it tomorrow. If I get the color I want, I've got to wait.

It makes me want to buy the locked version. I can always unlock it when I need it to be, if I even do.
    It's all your fault. If you had ordered something other than an unlocked graphite, the rest of us would have had ours by now.
    I dunno how much I trust that information. On November 22, the 680 was listed as 1-2 weeks away. They modified the information on November 30 and, still, the 680 was 1-2 weeks away. Today, one day later, they're listed as in stock and shipping normally (at least the non-graphite ones are).

Palm is doing the standard promise-low and deliver-high to manage customer expectations. Can't say as I blame 'em, but it is frustrating.
    I was talking to a Palm Reseller that just got updated numbers as to when they are expecting units. They have had 200+ units on order long before the 21st date we were able to order. They are all Graphite. Their projected date of arrival was changed from last week of December to the second week of December (next week being the first). That matches what they are saying now. The cat seems to be out of the bag so it may no longer be smoke and mirrors.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

this sucks, i bet this all has to do w/ Cingular getting the exclusive for a bit before Palm releases the unlocked graphite I just sold my MDA tonight and now i'm smartphone-less busted out w/ my 8890 for the time being
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    they just want me to buy a color one from a store and return it once i get the graphite.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    they just want me to buy a color one from a store and return it once I get the graphite.
    Hah, that's not a good sign. Last night I cancelled my unlocked graphite order and got the Cingular graphite. One hour later, I got a processing e-mail.
    just got an email this morning about my GRAPHITE 680 that the order has officially been received.

Subject: Order Confirmation for Order
    Date: December 2, 2006 9:05:16 AM PST
    To:
    Reply-To: customersupport@STORE.PALMONE.COM

Dear :

Thank you for ordering from Palm Sales. This email confirms that
    your order xxxxxx-xxxxxx began processing on 12/02/06. You will not be
    charged for the item(s) that you ordered until you receive an e-mail
    confirming that they have been shipped.

VIEW YOUR ORDER STATUS
    The link below will supply you with the most recent order status.
    Please allow up to 1 hour for this information to update on our
    website from the time you receive this e-mail.

http://web.palm.com/support/order_status.jhtml
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    The graphite 680's will be arriving at Airport Wireless locations this coming Wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter View Post
    just got an email this morning about my GRAPHITE 680 that the order has officially been received.

To:

Dear :

VIEW YOUR ORDER STATUS

Yay!! When did you order?

I got the same confirmation and noticed no music pac listed ( I think i unchecked it on my order not recognizing it as a free offer) so i called to se if I could have it added to my order and she told me my order was moved to the warehouse already about to ship ! This has been a real cliffhanger !!
    Quote Originally Posted by AirportWireless View Post
    The graphite 680's will be arriving at Airport Wireless locations this coming Wednesday.
    Goodie! Given how retail and end-user orders seem to get fulfilled for "colored" 680's I guess that means the unwashed masses may have them by end of week.. "Patience, Luke... patience"
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

To:

Dear :

VIEW YOUR ORDER STATUS

I just got the same confirmation for my Graphite 680 order at 1:37 p.m. EST. I placed my order on 11/22 around 9:00 p.m. I guess this is some sort of good news that there will soon be some movement with our Graphite order.
    I got the processing email also. Ordered graphite about 9:30 am on the 22nd.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarr3 View Post
    I just got the same confirmation for my Graphite 680 order at 1:37 p.m. EST. I placed my order on 11/22 around 9:00 p.m. I guess this is some sort of good news that there will soon be some movement with our Graphite order.
    I also just noticed a big chunk of money ($399) being put in reserve on my debit card. Looks like we are getting closer and closer with those Graphite 680s. There may be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel after all.
    i'm not sure but we were told that we would be recieving it sometime next week or the begining of the week to follow.....

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
    yeah, i got the email at 1:36. i ordered the graphite on the 22nd just a liitle before 9.

so, where do you the tracking number when it is finally shipped?

btw, online still says received.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I received the same email at 1:32 today. I ordered the graphite on the 22nd at 9:12. This will be my first Treo. I am currently using a Samsung i320n and I want to get back to the Palm OS.
    I received my "processing" email at 13:55PST today, and my order was placed on 11/27. So it seems this first batch of shipments is gonna be huge. And, based upon their status description, this means all of these orders will either ship today or Monday (assuming no shipments on Sunday).
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast