Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Waiting patiently for my Unlocked 680 from palm, I am thinking that I would like to have push email when I finally get it (never looked into it for my 650). I have checked some options and this is my assessment:

    Xpress mail: claims to push but many say it does not actually push (my experience too)

    Chattermail: pushes only for IMAP server?

    Good: supposedly works but 19.99 a month is outrageous

    BB Connect: verdict still out regarding if this will eventually work with 680?

    Any thoughts of what works? I am interested in potentially pushing a POP3 (personal) and also an IMAP account (work). Thanks...
  2. #2  
    Chatteremail

    If you have an account that does not do IMAP with IDLE than get and just forward your mail to it. I feel like I was late to the party, but I will never go back now.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  3. aaronchow's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #3  
    Chatteremail all the way, too!

    As suggested, you can always foward your POP3 account emails to your IMAP account, and with some filtering with folders and stuffs, you can split up the emails between the two accounts and have both of them pushs to you.
  4. #4  
    sms triggering w/ chatter on a pop3 server ftw!
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  5. #5  
    I've been using Good for awhile now. I've tried BB and Exchange over ActiveSync and never really found the two latter to be really reliable. Good syncs perfectly with Outlook.

    I'm going to try ActiveSync on my 680 when I get it just for grins but I suspect I'll end up loading Goodlink on it just because it's worked the best for me so far.

    I know you kinda ruled it out due to cost but just thought I'd share my opinion.
    Brandon
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffcirc View Post
    Xpress mail: claims to push but many say it does not actually push (my experience too)
    Xpress Mail only pushes the email if you use the desktop software.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all the good info. The xpress push did not work for me even with the PC software apparently connected and running correctly. The push through IMAP on Chattermail seems to be the most practical. I'll give it a try but may need help with set-up. Thanks, again...
  8.    #8  
    OK. Got both my accounts working. Found out that my POP3 account can be set up as IMAP so that was no problem. Only weird thing is that on the POP3 turned IMAP account, when the message comes to both my Outlook and the Treo, the message is deleted on the Treo as soon as I view it in outlook. Also, I want it to give just an LED notification and it is not doing anything. I'm still using my 650 so this should work (I know 680 has LED issues). Am I making sense?
  9.    #9  
    Sorry...I think I got both issues figured out. Thanks anyway...
  10. #10  
    Chattermail + Fastmail = "great success".

    Seriously, what IMAP forwarding alternative(s) to Fastmail have you found to be useful. The last couple of months fastmail has been "acting up" a bit. Although it seems more stable now, there was a period a few weeks ago where I could not get a stable connection.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramet View Post
    Seriously, what IMAP forwarding alternative(s) to Fastmail have you found to be useful.
    FuseMail is pretty good and priced competitively. Do a search on FastMail and you will see discussions about alternatives in almost every thread.
  12. #12  
    btw, I've had absolutely no issues with AIM's free 2gb IMAP5 account. Anyone good reasons to pay for fastmail?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    FuseMail is pretty good and priced competitively. Do a search on FastMail and you will see discussions about alternatives in almost every thread.
    Thanks very much. I'll check this out.!!

    Now I wonder how Chattermail is working out on the 680 with the reduced battery life. I know that there are settings in chattermail that one can adjust in Chattermail to decrease power consumption but I don't know how well they work on the 680. I hope that Seidio comes out with an extended battery soon.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
    I've been using Good for awhile now. I've tried BB and Exchange over ActiveSync and never really found the two latter to be really reliable. Good syncs perfectly with Outlook.

    I'm going to try ActiveSync on my 680 when I get it just for grins but I suspect I'll end up loading Goodlink on it just because it's worked the best for me so far.

    I know you kinda ruled it out due to cost but just thought I'd share my opinion.
    The only catch with Good is that cooperation of your IT department is required. I´m stuck with Xpressmail for corporate, and it doesn´t push that well.

Posting Permissions