1.    #1  
    I installed a craked game, and now it will never boot, it goes throught the "palmOne" screen (orange/red print with progressing loading bar at bottom) and then the "Palm Powered" screen (grey and black circle logo), and then back and forth, over and over. the only way i stopped it was to pull the battery.

I did a hard reset AND a soft reset and it STILL has a neverending reboot loop

sorry im pretty new to these things (handheld computers), but im a fast and presistant learner.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?????

Thanks.
    You may need to do a real hard reset or even a zero-out reset and reload from your last good backup. Probably shouldn't have put on that 'cracked' game.

From mytreo.net:

"Warm Reset

A warm reset is used when something is causing your Treo to act funny. You can sometimes use it to avoid That Endless Loop Thingie ("TELT"). A warm reset is like going into Safe Mode on your pc.

To perform a warm reset, initiate a reset (via software, or removing the back cover), and hold the up arrow on the 5-way navigation pad as the Treo turns back on. (Note that on the 650 and other NVFS devices, YOU MUST HOLD THE UP BUTTON PRIOR TO INITIATING THE RESET). Hold the up button the entire time until the main Phone screen is displayed. At this point you can check the 377 error log and remove the software causing you problems if you know what it is.

NOTE: When using Treo following a warm reset, the home key and built-in launcher might be inaccessible. Therefore, you may need the use of an uninstallation app, an alternative launcher and/or file management tool to delete the problematic file.

A Hard Reset

When all else fails!!! hard reset will erase everything you have on your Treo (excluding what's on the ROM, or what you have on your SD card). Do this only as a last resort and ensure that you have BACKED UP your data beforehand.

To perform a hard reset, start your reset in any of the ways mentioned above. This time, press and hold down the red phone button until the Palm screen appears. When the Palm screen appears, let go of the red phone button. You will then be prompted (in many languages) to press up to erase all data, or down to abort. You will want to press the UP to complete the Hard Reset. Your Phone will reboot and start up with the Language Selection.

Zero-Out Reset

A zero out reset will regress a device that has non-volatile memory to its factory-fresh state. When done correctly, it completely rewrites your device's internal memory with zeros and ones, ensuring that any data is expunged. It should be used only if you want all information completely obliterated (example: you're selling your handheld, or you're sending it in for repair, and want to protect your privacy).

1. Read through these instructions before attempting the reset. We made this method of zero out reset extremely awkward to perform, so that it would not happen by accident. You may need the help of a dextrous friend if you find it too difficult to do by yourself.
    2. Connect your device to its HotSync cable or cradle. The HotSync cable does not need to be connected to your PC, and it does not need to be connected to power.
    3. Press and hold the Power button and UP on the 5-way navigator.
    4. While continuing to hold Power and UP, press and hold the HotSync button on the HotSync cable or cradle. As you press HotSync, make sure your other finger doesn't slide to LEFT or RIGHT on the 5-way navigator; it needs to be exactly on UP during the entire process. Although you are pressing the HotSync button, a HotSync operation should not begin.
    5. While continuing to hold Power, UP and HotSync, press and release the RESET button on the back panel of your device (where's the reset hole?). This is very difficult to do with only one person; you may wish to hold the stylus in your mouth and use your hands to press Power, UP and HotSync.
    6. Release Power, UP and HotSync.
    7. If you did this reset correctly, the screen of your device will go blank, and you will not be able to turn it on. The charging LED will not light up, even if it's connected to power. It will appear to be "dead." (any other activity -- such as the Palm OS logo or a rainbow-colored Boot Log screen appearing -- means the reset was performed incorrectly; try again)
    8. Your device will appear "dead" for several minutes (up to 10 minutes). During this time, your device's internal memory is being reformatted. If your device doesn't appear "dead" for several minutes with the screen completely blank, the zero out reset was performed incorrectly; try again.
    9. After several minutes, your device will "wake up" and the palmOne and Palm Powered logos will appear as if you had performed a hard reset. Eventually, you'll be taken to a series of screens to calibrate the touchscreen and set date & time.
    10. If you want your handheld to remain in factory state, stop here. If you want to restore data to your device, follow the steps for recovering after a hard reset (a zero out reset is a special type of hard reset)."
    1. Do a warm reset (press and hold "up" button during reset). This will start the Treo without loading any applications, including the one causing your problems

2. Delete the application off the Treo and the Backup folder on your PC.

3. Hotsync
    =========
    If this doesn't work, do a hard reset, delete the files in the backup folder of your PC, and then hotsync.

The important thing is that the Backup directory on PC has a copy of the applications. You need to clean that directory (C:\Program Files\<Hotsync id>\Backup)or else you'll end up with the application back on your device.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Hello "fast and persistent learner!"

"If you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas."

In other words, don't associate with people who are into illegal things because it will affect you, sooner or later. If you do peer-to-peer file sharing, take note of (you better beware!) how many file downloads are virus-infected! Deceptive, devious, evil people will do the same to you that they are trying to do to everyone else . . . screw you! So live your life in such a way that you are not ashamed.

"Cracked" software is stealing, pure and simple! It's just that the nature of it doesn't cause as much shame and guilt as walking into a store and sticking something down your pants and walking out.

End of soapbox sermon!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Are you sure you did a hard reset? Nothing you can install should affect your phone after a hard reset. Except, of course, if you modify the ROM.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    He probably did a hard reset and hotsynced the culprit application back on to his Treo.

BanGTA: Do a hard reset as jaytee describes, and don't hotsync. Do you still get the looping?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I have a similar problem. My unbranded/unlocked GSM Treo 650 is constantly doing a looping reset.

I was downloading a PRC program from the internet using Blazer.

I tried performing a soft reset and nothing happens. The unit continues to perform a looping reset/reboot after the soft reset.

I tried performing a warm reset but when I release the "up" button on the scrollpad during the 2nd Palm screen, it just resets/reboots again and goes into the looping reset.

I tried performing a hard reset but when I release the on/off button (red button) during the 2nd Palm screen, I am prompted whether I want to erase everything. I click on the "up" arrow key and it reboots/resets again and starts looping again.

All of this is happening without hotsynching to my PC so I am not reloading any offending application during the hotsynch process. My Treo 650 doesn't even boot to a point where I can hotsynch it.

I tried performing a factory-zero reset but all I can get is the 3 colour screen with the "bootloader" on the top.

Can anyone help me with this?

I did a search in the forums and can't find anything other than messages indicating that I should go into my Palm backup directory and rename it but because I am not at the point of hotsynching, renaming this folder won't help me. My Treo 650 doesn't go into the Applications/Launcher screen and is constantly rebooting which doesn't even allow me to hotsynch it.
    Looks like you did do a hard reset and still got the looping reset. Sounds like bad hardware.

Try zero-out a few more times. You have to get the timing right and press all the buttons as specified. It takes a few tries to get that right.

If you still get the never-ending resets, it's bad hardware.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Thanks. I basically sent an e-mail to Palm Support and they basically cut and pasted their webpage on how to do the various resets without even understanding/reading my e-mail problem. They also told me that I should rename the "backup" directory from my computer even though I mentioned in my e-mail that the reset loop is not ending and I never get the chance to resynch with my computer.

I got fed up with this and called their hardware support. Since my Treo 650 still has about 3 months of warranty left, they told me to send it back and they would either fix it (which I doubt) or give me a refurbished unit (more likely).
    Must be the day for the endless loop.

I am on my tenth hard rest of the night.
    I will get out of this eventually, I have been through it often enough.

I am one those silly people who like to set my ringtones up for whatever holiday or season is coming up, * it is the only decorating I do * but I have given up on changing from the default, becuase it is just going to reset and be lost anyway.

What I am wondering is if anyone knows of a way to keep from losing your ringtone settings when the stupid phone spontaniously, out of the blue, resets itself again!