1.    #1  
    I just upgraded from my Treo 650 to the Cingular Treo 680.

The speaker phone works perfectly.
    The music speaker is louder.
    The phone is lighter.
    Conference calling works perfectly.
    Sound quality is better.
    Keys are larger and softer to press.
    More memory.
    All my programs work. No crashing at all.....one Hotsync to get the info from my old phone.
    The search function works faster. No AOL glitch
    (AOL users wil know what I mean)

IT'S JUST BETTER. (wish it was Bronze)
    HANDWOUND TREO

SHARP CALCULATOR>SHARP ORGANIZERS>PALM PILOT>PALM Vs>SONY CLIE>BLACKBERRY>SONY UX50>TUNGSTEN C & W>TREO 600>TREO650
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I second that... Four days and not one reset or even the hint of one! Now about the battery issue...
    Sound quality is better, but what about reception??
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I would say reception is about the same. I know Palm was touting a better technology with the built in but I really haven't noticed any better or worse reception from the 650. I do agree with the thread that this is an upgrade over the 650.
    I would hope that its an upgrade ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    A definite upgrade. I haven't noticed any difference in reception - neither better nor worse. But for me the jury is still out on it's battery. But this minor negative is out weighed by the many big positives.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    I would say reception is about the same. I know Palm was touting a better technology with the built in but I really haven't noticed any better or worse reception from the 650. I do agree with the thread that this is an upgrade over the 650.
    It is much better for me here in the LA area.
    I had the 600 - so it goes without saying... major upgrade. I do miss slecting my network on the 600 though. In my house the Cingular network is weak but the AT&T network is solid - so I would switch it over.

Any new work on the network select hack for the 680? This may solve some reception issues for a few of us.