Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    *************************************************************************************
    Private Beta Over - Public Beta now avaialbe at www.dialbyphoto.com
    Thanks to all who have participated in the Private Beta. Your usage and feedback has allowed us to fix all critical issues and we know the things we need to work on for future updates. The public beta is now available at www.dialbyphoto.com

*************************************************************************************
    Dear TreoCentral user,
    You are cordially invited to beta test our new and exciting application named DialByPhoto; a new way to call your favorite acquaintances.

While DialByPhoto has been through rigorous testing, your usage will help us determine if there any more issues to fix.

To Participate please send me an email at tj@gx-5.com along with the following information

Name( optional )
    Treo version
    Carrier

A follow up email will be sent with download information.

For your participation, you will be given a Life time license for DialByPhoto

Sincerely,
    Tunji Afonja
    Project Manager
    Gx5 LLC
    http://www.gx-5.com

About Gx5
    Gx5 is a software company with a division dedicated to providing software and services for the Treo Ecosystem. Our Development division has been responsible for released that includes

LibertyControl – http://www.libertycontrol.com
    pTunes Skin Superpass : http://www.gx-5.com/products/mobiles...assdetails.htm

Our Service division provides interface design services to many of the top Treo ISVs . You can view our portfolio here:
    http://www.gx-5.com/services/uidesig...diaplayers.htm
    Last edited by tj8212; 12/18/2006 at 08:33 AM.
    Doesn't Toysoft have something like this all ready? Ben
    doesnt toysoft suck?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yes, & yes ....what do I win?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    This is an awesome app! Watch out Toysoft!!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I sent my email thanks,
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Does it require the pic to be in my memory or will it link to the card?

As for ToySoft, Danny has been getting steadily better.

Ben
  8.    #8  
    Pictures you use in DialByPhoto can be in memory or on your sd card. We create a duplicate of this picture and store it in the DialByPhoto database. We do this for two main reasons.
    1. We resize these images for use within DialByPhoto.
    2. If you delete the image or move it from its original location, it will still be available in DialByPhoto.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    Pictures you use in DialByPhoto can be in memory or on your sd card. We create a duplicate of this picture and store it in the DialByPhoto database. We do this for two main reasons.
    1. We resize these images for use within DialByPhoto.
    2. If you delete the image or move it from its original location, it will still be available in DialByPhoto.
    That's what I'm talking about, so I can go ahead and erase.. Perfect

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Just one little thing... Maybe not a bug, but a feature request... When you select "dial pad" or "call log" and then select "cancel", it goes back to the Palm Phone app, not DialByPhoto. This happens even though "come back after phone call" is checked. Just something I noticed. Other than that, this is an absolutely fantastic application. Much better than the competition... If you can even call them a competitor! Job well done! I'll let you know if there's anything else.

Mike
    Last edited by fstmstngs; 12/02/2006 at 05:50 PM. Reason: add stuff
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fstmstngs View Post
    When you select "dial pad" or "call log" and then select "cancel", it goes back to the Palm Phone app, not DialByPhoto. This happens even though "come back after phone call" is checked. Just something I noticed.

Mike
    We hope to address this within the next few beta builds
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    tj, I am experiencing a few issues. One is that everytime I go into the phone app, I am warned that I am roaming when I have had no indication by the usual means. Also, the app runs really slow when adding a contact or changing the background or even taping on call log or contacts or going into the settings. I really like what you have done though. Thanks
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
  13.    #13  
    all beta testers have been sent a built that addresses this issue of the "Roaming Screen" As for the slowness when adding contacts on the 700p, we are aware of this and are going to be working on it.
    I didn't get the Beta version(email) did I get fired? I'll be waiting anyways....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I didn't get the Beta version(email) did I get fired? I'll be waiting anyways....
    Thats suprising. Send me an email and I will get it to you.
    Thanks, just got it. Again, you have a great app here, looking foward to the next updates.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    great ap! love the interface. the only thing i miss is being able to launch other aps from the phone screen. it would be cool to be able to launch them from a aps category.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Looks promising. I just sent a request to test also. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Think it looks really nice so far.

BT and Ringer switch status at the top would be great (I saw that by tapping the battery meter a pop up with the BT indicator and another signal status appeared with the battery percentage)

Needs the ability to launch apps as was said and should be able to import favorites (especially since I don't have "Voicemail" in my contact list and a natural item to include)

think there should be a default preference that allows you to display the nickname rather than the full name, otherwise you need to select it each time if you add a nickname..

The "highlighting" mechanism when you scroll through your contacts I think distorts too much of the image. To me it's hard to tell to some extent that it is selected...perhaps some yellow or something around the perimeter of the selected contact?

more later
    thanks!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Working & looking really nice, now if there was a way of making it a pemanent main screen, it will be killer

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast