1.    #1  
    What is the workflow being used to create a folder to keep files- photos, word docs,...etc on the sd card on the treo 680?
    I imagine it is the same for all PalmOS devices:

DO NOT STORE files in the root directory of the SD card -- this is reserved for system files -- and there is numerical file limit on the number of files you can place there. It is somewhere under 50. If you fill that up -- the card starts acting full -- and it is not -- so definitely use the directories.

If your format a SD card with your Treo -- the directories are put there automatically.

AUDIO = music
    DCIM = photos
    RN_AUDIO = RealPlayer created directory for songs
    Documents

PALM/Backup
    PALM/Blazer
    PALM/Launcher
    PALM/Programs

It appears that both .prc and .pdb files end up in either Launcher or Programs, not sure what the distinction is. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.

Hmmm. . . . . what did you mean by workflow?
    Perry,
    Interesting point about the number of files allowed in the root! I wasn't aware of that.

Question though... Is there a limit to the number of directories that a user can define in the root of an SD card?

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    Perry,
    Interesting point about the number of files allowed in the root! I wasn't aware of that.

Question though... Is there a limit to the number of directories that a user can define in the root of an SD card?
    Cannot answer that question, JimmyD, I have never heard either way -- just on the number of files in the root.
    No worries... I don't have a ton of extra directories... just a couple of extra ones I set up for work junk.

Maybe this weekend, I'll take my extra 512mb card and play around with files and directories on the root to possibly find its limits.

(man... I need a life if that's all I end up doing this weekend!!!) BWAHAHA!!

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    I believe the exact glitch on the files into the root directory -- is that at whatever the limit is -- it will not allow you to put the next one there -- making the card "seem" full, even though it shows space.

However, at this point -- I still believe you could place files into "directories" -- the system will just not allow one more file into the root directory.

Cheers, Perry.
  7.    #7  
    When formatting, "Documents" wasn't automatically put in there. Should I do this myself and how?
    Maybe that was added by Documents To Go. . . . . yes . . . that is full of my DTG documents.

I do not think you can harm anything by putting it there yourself.

Cheers, Perry
  9.    #9  
    How do I do it myself? Do I load the card into a reader???
    Yes, if you have a reader -- you can create directories on the card by using Windows Explorer.

You can also use FileZ right on your Treo. FileZ is a freeware "Windows Explorer" for the PalmOS. Use it carefully -- DO NOT move or delete what you are not sure of. . . .

www.nosleep.net
    click on downloads
    select FileZ

The Due Yesterday program is great, as well, for students.

Cheers, Perry