Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by thesoze View Post
    those nails are fake...i can tell -
    yeah they are fake.........but look good none the less.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thesoze View Post
    those nails are fake...i can tell -
    Well done, do you want a medal
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Here are some arctic pics, since so many are requesting them:

http://web.mac.com/joec/iWeb/Joe%20C...i/Library.html
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post

Sweet man! I hope the graphite looks as nice!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Very nice!! Can't wait for mine!!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

WOW that looks good! Yippy, can't wait to get mine.....tomorrow by noon! Thanks again for posting these!

Man those pics were so sweet I went and ordered Artic retail and canceled the ever-delayed Graphite
    The crimson is much much less slippery than the Cingular graphite. The Cingular is very smooth and slippery. The crimson is definitely not the soft touch paint finish of the 750v, but it has a matte feeling to it. Less slippery than the Cingular 680, the 700p, or the 650.

Quote Originally Posted by JRoD_E View Post
    Do the unlocked phones have a glossy/slippery feel to you? Just wondering if this is a Cingular branded issue, or if the unlocked phones feel this way too.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I got my hot hot hot Crimson from SFO this morning and have been playing with it all day, getting it set up like I want it. My beloved Lightwav makes it reset everytime I get a phone call, so I'll need to wait for an update for that, but everything else seems to be working beautifully!!!!

I agree that the Crimson is not as slippery as my 650 and I love the way it looks -- it's a much darker red then it looks in the pictures on the Palm website (just as the SFO sales rep told me it did before I made the decision to order it!).

My reception is 1000 times better than my 650, especially in and around my house where I had NO reception before (yippee!!) and my bluetooth functionality is much better as well--stays linked with the 680, while I had to push the buttom on the same device every time with the 650.

Anyway, thanks again to all the folks at SFO--you guys ROCK!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I got my hot hot hot Crimson from SFO this morning and have been playing with it all day, getting it set up like I want it. My beloved Lightwav makes it reset everytime I get a phone call, so I'll need to wait for an update for that, but everything else seems to be working beautifully!!!!

I agree that the Crimson is not as slippery as my 650 and I love the way it looks -- it's a much darker red then it looks in the pictures on the Palm website (just as the SFO sales rep told me it did before I made the decision to order it!).

My reception is 1000 times better than my 650, especially in and around my house where I had NO reception before (yippee!!) and my bluetooth functionality is much better as well--stays linked with the 680, while I had to push the buttom on the same device every time with the 650.

Anyway, thanks again to all the folks at SFO--you guys ROCK!!
    Do you have any pics of the crimson? I'm getting mine on Monday and I'm rediculously excited and want to see a better representation of the color... this weekend is going to draaaaaaaagggg by until I get my new gadget
    I haven't taken any yet...I had a lot of trial and error today to get it set up right and it literally took hours (and, of course, that wasn't the only thing I had to do...imagine that!). I'll try to take some and post them if I get a chance tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I haven't taken any yet...I had a lot of trial and error today to get it set up right and it literally took hours (and, of course, that wasn't the only thing I had to do...imagine that!). I'll try to take some and post them if I get a chance tomorrow!
    Sweet! Thanks! I can only imagine my day on Monday... get the treo, a couple hours later, having to go to work... productivity... nil.

Oh well...
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    The crimson is much much less slippery than the Cingular graphite. The Cingular is very smooth and slippery. The crimson is definitely not the soft touch paint finish of the 750v, but it has a matte feeling to it. Less slippery than the Cingular 680, the 700p, or the 650.
    Thanks for letting me know bcaslis. I plan on getting a vaja case shortly, but at times I like not having to bring the case. With the Cingular 680, I have a hard time gripping it after playing sports, and was hoping that the unlocked versions weren't as slippery. I'll be picking up a artic and crimson one in just a few months. It's nice to know that the finish isn't as bad. I can tolerate this for the time being.

Thanks again!
    Okay, I just now have had the time to sit down, transfer the pics from my camera to my PC and post them here. Unfortunately, I tried once, pics were too big, tried to adjust my camera settings and the files were still too big to post. Sorry, I tried! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    OK, I took some quick shots tonight of the Crimson 680 compared to the 750v. Too dark to use anything but a flash so I didn't try to show the screens.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Great pics!! That Vodaphone looks SHARP!! I would take that color over any of the other colors if avalible in the US.. Doesn't that Vod phone have a rubber like feel to it also?

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Great pics!! That Vodaphone looks SHARP!! I would take that color over any of the other colors if avalible in the US.. Doesn't that Vod phone have a rubber like feel to it also?
    me too.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Nice pics the navy blue(?) of the vodafone is great..wish they had the 680 in that!
    Yes, the 750v has a rubberized feel that can't be beat. It's not possible to see in the picts but the shape of the 750v also isn't exactly the same as the 680. It's 1mm less wide and 1mm less tall the 680 and 0.1g lighter. Also the top is a little squarer than the 680 and the keyboard area feels a little less thick than the 680. So while they look like close cousins, there' a lot more that's different than the same. The thing really the same on them is the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    So the 680 is smaller? I couldn't figure out what you ment by your post?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast