Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    This was very strange. I just sent a 300K picturemail to a friend and after it sent I landed in an empty messaging folder. All of my text history vanished instantly. Has anyone heard of this? It could be a po'd girlfriend playing a trick, but Ive been good lately so I kind of doubt it. Please let me know something ASAP. Thanks
    I've had all of my messages disapear out of the blue as well. I've heard of it happening mostly when you have tons of messages, regardless of sending a picturemail or not. If you want them back simply hotsync and have your PC over write the Treo for the messaging database.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Just started a new thread about this. Sure wish I could erase it now - hint, hint, mods. Did a search first, but I guess I used the wrong terms?

Anyway here is my post from my thread:
    -----

I send MANY text messages every day. I recieve many more. I purge them every couple weeks, and that usually clears out about 1800 messages just from my inbox.

I don't send much picture mail, but I did send 1 tonight. When it was done, I swapped out my battery for a fresh one. After the phone was done booting up, I noticed that I no longer had an SMS notifacation icon. It's always there, usually saying that I have about 250 unread messages.

So, I had to find my way into the Messaging program - and that's where I found that all my messages are now toast. Inbox, Saved, Drafts, etc. If there's a way to get them back, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, just let this serve as a warning.

Naturally, I've reset the phone a few times hoping they'd come back. No luck. Unfortunately, due to a computer problem, I haven't done a HotSync in more than a couple of weeks. Not that I'm sure SMS's are archieved anyway. Final question: Would one of those 'auto-backup to SD Card' programs been able to save me here? I keep meaning to look into those.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    NV Backup would do the trick.