Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I just installed Verichat on my new 680 and have a question about it. I was previously using Toccer which allowed me to be online at all times, but one thing I couldn't do was send messages to a cell number. So I installed Verichat and that does allow me to send messages to someone's cell number and also let's them respond. The problem now is that every time my screen turns off, Verichat disconnects. there does seem to be an "always on" mode but it looks like all that does, is send me an actual text message to my phone when the verichat is offline. The whole reason I was getting these programs was to help save a little money on text messaging.

So my question is.....is there a way to get Verichat to stay logged on even when my phone's screen goes dark?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    There are two 'always on' modes with Verichat

SMS mode and Data mode...

It's in the config options.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    how do you put it into data mode? every time I click on the always on mode it only gives me an SMS option. btw...I'm using version 2.86b
    I am having the same issue with Verichat. I am running 2.58. I did a clean install hoping this would prevent any issues. All my resets so far is due to Verichat. I'm thinking about IM+. I saw it on Handango, does anyone have anyexperiences with IM+?
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    IM+ blows.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    IM+ blows.
    Could you elaborate more about why it blows? What about Mundu, has anyone tried it?
    Search.. There's other discussions on IM+, although admittedly it might be difficult to search on considering the name.

It's crashy, buggy, doesn't work well in the background, UGLY interface, and the customer service, while very friendly, are useless. In other words, you have a problem with the program and they thank you for bringing it up but it never gets fixed.

They gave me a free license after filing about 20 bugs with them and I still didn't continue to use it, instead going with Verichat. And I'm a cheapskate.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    instead going with Verichat.
    Verichat is not being sold anymore, and support for it will be ending soon.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Palmgear still seems to be selling it. Has anyone tried to purchase from them since the announcement?
    IM sucks - it never auto connects, its buggy and plain awful.

I miss Verichat !
    Fred
    Cingular 680