Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. TAW
    OK so I downloaded the trial and installed it on my verizon 700p today. First thing I noticed was that at various times when I would switch to the causerie app it would go the login screen and the little timer would count down and login. It is supposed to stay “always on” if I have that option set right?

Next I noticed there is no way to know if you have an IM most of the time, for instance I take the phone out of my pocket and hit the phone button to make a call. I make the call then hang up, absolutely no notification that there is an IM. Now if I open up causerie then I see the little double boxes in the top right corner, then I can bring up that buddies IM session. I have it set to vibrate and beep on incoming IM’s and that works but most of the time I will not hear that of feel it. I would have expected that it could use the palm alerts functions to flash the little alarm icon or the asterisk that other programs use.

Am I missing something or is this just how bad it is?
    Nope. From my experience (emphasis on "my") Causerie has issues. I bit the bullet and re-upped Verichat (which is no longer for sale...)
    http://mundu.com/ - Mundu IM - might be an answer. I tried it and went no further. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    http://mundu.com/ - Mundu IM - might be an answer. I tried it and went no further. Ben
    Wish I had the same experience with Mundu, but all I get are trashed prefs and resets with it.

Causerie seems to work nicely. For alerts, I get an alert tone and a popup window. (Prefs/Alert/When a new message arrives/Sound (checked))

2Day also shows me when I have messages from Causerie waiting, and other Launchers show the 'snowflake'.
    I tried Mundu v3 and HATED it. It was unstable, horrible interface, and didn't work well.

When VeriChat goes dark, I dunno what I'll use..
    Quote Originally Posted by TAW View Post
    OK so I downloaded the trial and installed it on my verizon 700p today. First thing I noticed was that at various times when I would switch to the causerie app it would go the login screen and the little timer would count down and login. It is supposed to stay “always on” if I have that option set right?

Next I noticed there is no way to know if you have an IM most of the time, for instance I take the phone out of my pocket and hit the phone button to make a call. I make the call then hang up, absolutely no notification that there is an IM. Now if I open up causerie then I see the little double boxes in the top right corner, then I can bring up that buddies IM session. I have it set to vibrate and beep on incoming IM’s and that works but most of the time I will not hear that of feel it. I would have expected that it could use the palm alerts functions to flash the little alarm icon or the asterisk that other programs use.

Am I missing something or is this just how bad it is?
    The auto login timer and Always on are different. Auto Login will auto login within 5 seconds when you enter the app.

The always on helps you stay online. What is the version you are using and please check if you have always on enabled?

The background notifications with the asterisk was first introduced in Causerie and it works great.

About alerts, it should work as you expect ie to beep or vibrate depending on the preferences. However, I believe if you have all the three options enabled, there might be a chance to miss one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    Nope. From my experience (emphasis on "my") Causerie has issues. I bit the bullet and re-upped Verichat (which is no longer for sale...)
    Smith: please let us know the problems you have so that we can take a look at them. Our support team should be abel to extend the trial period if you have used up one before.
  8. TAW
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie View Post
    The auto login timer and Always on are different. Auto Login will auto login within 5 seconds when you enter the app.

The always on helps you stay online. What is the version you are using and please check if you have always on enabled?

The background notifications with the asterisk was first introduced in Causerie and it works great.

About alerts, it should work as you expect ie to beep or vibrate depending on the preferences. However, I believe if you have all the three options enabled, there might be a chance to miss one of them.
    So if I have always on enabled (which I do btw) why should I ever see the login screen? I though always on was supposed to keep the program always logged into my AIM account, is this not what it does? If this is what its supposed to do then it does not do it very well. Today for instance I would open causerie at various times through the day and about 1/3 of the time it was at the login screen and it logged back in after the timer counted down from 5. Now during this “logged out” time I still show as online for other people but if they IM me I never get it until its logged back in (sometimes I just never get them)

As for the alerts, I did have all three check and the LED never did anything so I turned that one off and I appear to get the standard “flashing bell” alerts like I expected, however since it does not stay logged into AIM consistently those alerts were few and far between.

I am using the latest version (don’t have my phone its something like 3.2.4zf downloaded a couple of days ago)

My phone is a Treo 700p on verizon if that matters
    Please disable the SMS feature and check by going from background mode to application(foreground).
    Is the causerie lag on the 700p when going to the background still an issue or is it something that mantra is still working on fixing? Also it would be nice if mantra offered a discount to Verichat users who might become Causerie users after Verichat goes offline.

Al
    I'm eval'ing Causerie, too, but can't get it to work consistently on the 680.

Biggest problem is that people I KNOW are online show up as offline in Causerie - at least with Yahoo. (I have a second Yahoo id logged in on my PC and can see the same "buddies" that ARE online - yet, Causerie shows them as offline).

Anyone else seeing this? I need a decent IM client now that Verichat has bit the dust..

TIA..

- PB
    I have forwarded this issue to our development team who will research
    and come up with a solution soon.
    I just uninstalled Verichat and installed Mundu for a trial run on my 680. It is not as good as Verichat, so I may consider Causerie if some of these issues are resolved. I have the same problms with Mundu that all of you are having with Causerie. I hope someone will come in and take over Verichat. Oh well, it can only get better from here, right?
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Is the causerie lag on the 700p when going to the background still an issue or is it something that mantra is still working on fixing? Also it would be nice if mantra offered a discount to Verichat users who might become Causerie users after Verichat goes offline.
    Al

Treolo: the lag comes from the 700p database issues [blame palmOne ] and the only way to avoid it is to disable the archiving.

We have been working on a V*chat migration process but there are SMS issues which we will sort before we make an announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBear View Post
    I'm eval'ing Causerie, too, but can't get it to work consistently on the 680.

Biggest problem is that people I KNOW are online show up as offline in Causerie - at least with Yahoo. (I have a second Yahoo id logged in on my PC and can see the same "buddies" that ARE online - yet, Causerie shows them as offline).

Anyone else seeing this? I need a decent IM client now that Verichat has bit the dust..

TIA..

- PB
    I am also seeing this..... very annoying that I cannto send my self an IM to test this app during the eval.
    yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie View Post
    Smith: please let us know the problems you have so that we can take a look at them. Our support team should be abel to extend the trial period if you have used up one before.
    I did. I mentioned that I had major problems with contacts that i KNEW were offline showing the wrong status. I told you this 12 months ago during trial #1 (after which I bought Verichat) and during my last trial (after which I bought Verichat). I appreciate your offers, but I just don't see any results. The application has the same issues it did months ago. I'll give Causerie another shot in a year when my VC license expires in hopes that the status issues are resolved.
    Yahoo is in the process of changing the protocol. There might be possibility
    that the buddies are using latest yahoo version.
    Well, we've just had a bunch of postings from support in the MantraGroup forums that they are set to release a new version in a week or two. No details on what's fixed yet, but I think in one posting they mentioned SMS issues.
    You can download Causerie 3.2.5 version which optimizes SMS and Always On features from the below link:

http://mantragroup.com/downloads/pro...erie-3.2.5.prc
    Quote Originally Posted by mantra support View Post
    You can download Causerie 3.2.5 version which optimizes SMS and Always On features from the below link:

http://mantragroup.com/downloads/pro...erie-3.2.5.prc
    I tried this, it still takes a good 10 second to enable SMS mode. It takes about another 5 to get back into causerie. I don't really see much of an improvement. What did you guys do exactly?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast