1.    #1  
    Im gonna make this short and sweet cuz iv posted tons of times about this issue and just want some good down to earth advice....I have a 700P and I get this error where my phone will restart in the middle of a phone call, rihgt when i get a call waiting tone AND also just randomly out of nowhere without me even touching or or at times just by scrolling around.....for the record to save you posters time...i have tried EVERYTHING ur all thinking of.....iv tried not hotsyncing, making new profiles, not putting ANY data on the phone, just getting a brand new phone and using it....i mean trust me its ALL been tried...im led to believe this error is ORLANDO FLORIDA specific and MIGHT have something to do with the network....thats about the ONLY thing that makes ANY sense and specally cause iv read post that verizon custoemrs have the asme issue and it leads me to believe its EVDO related but then why doesnt my moms A900 or other phones in the house do it or is it only prone to 700P....so my question is one does anyone else have this issue any resolution cause to date SPRINT NOR PALM have ANY IDEA WHAT THIS IS, WHat causes it and they always tell me get a new 700p that fixes NOTHING...so I LOVe the PALM OS for many reasons but i hate it for others...i love picturemail, text message chat logs, easy of use, tons of palm software....i hate it mainly for all the stuff u CAN do on the WX such as easy of using MP3 ringers n mutimedia stuff without the hassle of ringo n that crap....so what is a guy like me to do who loves sprint wnats to stay wiht them...and loves smart phones and the ease of treos and does mostly one handed use so does not wnat to get a 6700 or any of those types ur help is greatly appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    Im gonna make this short and sweet cuz iv posted tons of times about this issue and just want some good down to earth advice....I have a 700P and I get this error where my phone will restart in the middle of a phone call, rihgt when i get a call waiting tone AND also just randomly out of nowhere without me even touching or or at times just by scrolling around.....for the record to save you posters time...i have tried EVERYTHING ur all thinking of.....iv tried not hotsyncing, making new profiles, not putting ANY data on the phone, just getting a brand new phone and using it....i mean trust me its ALL been tried...im led to believe this error is ORLANDO FLORIDA specific and MIGHT have something to do with the network....thats about the ONLY thing that makes ANY sense and specally cause iv read post that verizon custoemrs have the asme issue and it leads me to believe its EVDO related but then why doesnt my moms A900 or other phones in the house do it or is it only prone to 700P....so my question is one does anyone else have this issue any resolution cause to date SPRINT NOR PALM have ANY IDEA WHAT THIS IS, WHat causes it and they always tell me get a new 700p that fixes NOTHING...so I LOVe the PALM OS for many reasons but i hate it for others...i love picturemail, text message chat logs, easy of use, tons of palm software....i hate it mainly for all the stuff u CAN do on the WX such as easy of using MP3 ringers n mutimedia stuff without the hassle of ringo n that crap....so what is a guy like me to do who loves sprint wnats to stay wiht them...and loves smart phones and the ease of treos and does mostly one handed use so does not wnat to get a 6700 or any of those types ur help is greatly appreciated

Are the other phones EVDO? You could test your theory by forcing the Treo 700P down to 1xrtt or whatever those initials are. . . . Verizon should have the code you can key in to force the 700P off the EVDO network. If the phone behaves, then you have proven the theory -- where you go with that info is another thing. Are you the only 700P user on Verizon in your area? Are you the only one with the problem?

Just Bizarre.

If a 700P right out of the box (with no sync to anything) has the problem -- I will not mention the clean install process.

Can you turn off CALL WAITING? Does that cure the problem? At least this will identify/confirm that it is a call waiting interruption issue.

Cheers, Perry.
    Are you using a bluetooth headset, or even just have a BT headset configured in the BT settings, when this happens?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Sounds to me like it's a network issue as well since you've had 8 replacements.

BTW, please make your post more legible by inserting paragraphs at the very least.
    Have you tried using your phone out of your immediate area or out of florida.
    That dosent soundlike aphone problem and the fact that you are on your 8th phone prooves that.
    If you could go to an ajoining state that would put you on another network for sure andyou could get verizon to do there job. You cant be the only person in florida having that problem
    There have been batches of bad 700p's that somehow slipped by the crack team at Palm Quality Control (also D.B.A. Iraq WMD Investigations, Inc.), but as one who went through 7 or 8 Treo 600's in 18 months I've found that the quality of the 650's and 700p's, with all the problems, are much improved over the previous model. 8 replacements seems excessive, unless they are all pulled out of the same exact bad manufacturing run.

One possibility is the OTA EVDO update possibly messing something up - but again, 8 times? I'd suspect that something in your added applications (try going a while with absolutely nothing added) and/or somehow some particular quirk about your specific area is affecting the hardware via RF or magnetics or...?

Can you open up a sealed new one in the store and duplicate the problem?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    i had the exact same issue, but it was with a vzw 700W. so i got a p and the problem is solve. go figure
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    We have been having all of the same problems in Asheville, NC. We bought 4, and 3 have been replaced so far, we trying a new batch today to see if it fix’s the problem.

Has anyone been able to get Verizon to change there phone to another platform? Say Blackberry, or there such types? I am just wanting to know what we might be up too as we work though this, if the new batch of phones does not work!
    I was having the same problem of the phone resetting when on a call and a call-waiting call came in. (on a p on sprint) Happened on an important conference call too. I attributed it to some software I had installed. It happened a few times but seemed like I had to be on the call for over 20 minutes or so. Changed phones and installed only need be apps. Hasn't happened in a good while now. go figure.