1. HLK
    Anyone know of a free TV A/V device universal remote control app that may be avail?

thanks in advance,

HK
    Yup!

There's a freeware program called: "Novii Remote Infrared Codes 1.2"
    http://www.freeware-palm.com/downloa...codes-1-2.html

When you bring up this link, scroll down to "download"... click that and it will take you to the Palm-Gear website where you can scroll down on that screen where you can then "download as a guest" without the need to register on the Palm-Gear site.

I've used this program on other Palm devices and it worked fine... I've never tried it on my Treo650...
    (although I just downloaded it and will test it out this weekend)
    .....hmmmm .....maybe I'll give it a test in the TV section at Best Buy!!!!) BWAHAHAHA!!

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    Yup!

There's a freeware program called: "Novii Remote Infrared Codes 1.2"
    http://www.freeware-palm.com/downloa...codes-1-2.html

When you bring up this link, scroll down to "download"... click that and it will take you to the Palm-Gear website where you can scroll down on that screen where you can then "download as a guest" without the need to register on the Palm-Gear site.

I've used this program on other Palm devices and it worked fine... I've never tried it on my Treo650...
    (although I just downloaded it and will test it out this weekend)
    .....hmmmm .....maybe I'll give it a test in the TV section at Best Buy!!!!) BWAHAHAHA!!
    hmm, that looks like it's only the code database... useless without the app(which you have to pay for)
    I used Novii on my old Sony SJ22, worked somewhat okay.. Tried it on the Treo, I *barely* get a foot away before it stops working. Your mileage may vary, statement not valid in Rhode Island.
    It worked fine on the Treo 300, the 600 and up did not due to the weak IR signal. Ben
    From all that I have read, you need the Novii Remote Blaster which comes with the SD-card-slot mounted IR emitter to have any effective use of the Treo as a remote.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A