Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    This really pisses me off according to the Palm website http://web.palm.com/support/special_shipping_msg.jhtml
    the graphite unlocked is available for shipping, I called Palm about my placed order to see it would ship since the availability time changed they told me it must be an error they are still showing the graphite shipping in 1-2 weeks. WTF dose anyone at Palm communicate updated information or is it an attention to detail that is a problem (post correct info).
    Well, it's starting to look like UPS might hit today for delivery. All of a sudden at about 0219PST today, there were a series of updates to the tracking information. Alas, their last update was at 0439PST... so it's not entirely possible to know whether it hit a truck for delivery this morning.

I've never much been impressed with UPS'es up-to-the-moment tracking. FedEx seems to do that better.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Well, it's starting to look like UPS might hit today for delivery. All of a sudden at about 0219PST today, there were a series of updates to the tracking information. Alas, their last update was at 0439PST... so it's not entirely possible to know whether it hit a truck for delivery this morning.

I've never much been impressed with UPS'es up-to-the-moment tracking. FedEx seems to do that better.
    Mine was shipped yesterday (Monday), so I expect it to arrive today (Tuesday). "Over night" shipping to me means the package will arrive the next day - given it made the truck the previous day.

BTW, they still do not have tracking info for my shipment on the Palm status page.

~J.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I don't have tracking info, but my unit shipped Saturday night, according to the email. Don't know how this is possible, but that's what it says. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by FourtyEightFan View Post

BTW, they still do not have tracking info for my shipment on the Palm status page.

~J.
    Mine is sitting at my front door waiting for me. First I have a big review to present though ;-)
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FourtyEightFan View Post
    Mine was shipped yesterday (Monday), so I expect it to arrive today (Tuesday). "Over night" shipping to me means the package will arrive the next day - given it made the truck the previous day.

~J.
    Your best option is to just give Palm a call to get your tracking information. You may need to call a couple of times in order to talk with different customer service reps., but you'll eventually get to someone who'll have that information for you.
    Min has been on the truck since this morning!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    My graphite is on the truck and should be here within the hour.

(Wally - it's on its way dude and I'll show you when I work!)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    Mine is sitting at my front door waiting for me. First I have a big review to present though ;-)

and your address is?

just wondering.

Min has been on the truck since this morning!
    so is mine. and no telling when it would be delivered.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    yay!! I've finished unboxing and powering mine up. I don't really notice that it feels any smaller, but it definitely feels lighter. I also like the darker anodized look of the front face.

I've already tried restoring from SD and learned better of it. I guess now I begin the manual reconfiguration and installation of applications. Not fun, but probably safer in the long run. I did at least hotsync all my PIM data back.
    I ordered my copper on Nov 21 at 9pm. It arrived via ups last night at 7pm.

Do not put in a used sim card with sms or mms messages in your new treo. It will crash your sim card.

I had to get a new sim card activated this morning.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Got mine @ 230 and have been using it for the past hour (Graphite model). Love it. Like the smaller feel. Fits better in the shirt pocket without the antenna.

Your package has been delivered.
    Tracking Number: XX XXX XXX XX XXXX XXX X
    Type: Package

Delivered on: 12/05/2006 4:24 P.M.
    Delivered to: US
    Shipped or Billed on: 12/03/2006
    Service Type: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
    Weight: 2.40 Lbs
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
    I have been on the fence about moving from my 650 to the 680 but after one more "freeze" this evening I figured I'd call Palm and let them decide for me. If they told me that the unlocked Graphite was in stock and ready to ship I would order it and if not then I'd save the 400 bucks. When I called at 8:10 ET I was told the unlocked Graphite was in stock and ready to ship with the free Mobile Music Pack and the free Overnight Delivery .

I will be regularly checking for updates to see when the status changes from Order Received to something more encouraging and in-line with their sales pitch. I guess it's time for me to start getting giddy with anticipation until I get frustrated that it's not actually on it's way yet and they can't tell me when it will actually ship. My ordered 680 is Graphite but color me IMPATIENTLY WAITING after only 15 minutes!
    Jornada, Cingular Unlocked 650, ROW 680, Tilt, next?
    FWIW, I receive my Treo 680 yesterday (12.5.06) after receiving the 'shipped' order last Saturday (12.3.06). It's a graphite unlocked 680.

Onward, upward!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petesonline View Post
    This really pisses me off according to the Palm website http://web.palm.com/support/special_shipping_msg.jhtml
    the graphite unlocked is available for shipping, I called Palm about my placed order to see it would ship since the availability time changed they told me it must be an error they are still showing the graphite shipping in 1-2 weeks. WTF dose anyone at Palm communicate updated information or is it an attention to detail that is a problem (post correct info).
    Well I'm just pissed off... ordered my graphite 11/25 and the status is still "Order Received". I called Palm and the rep. said she had no more info than what was already online. I suspect availability has a lot to do with your shipping destination. I'm shipping to Miami.

My Vaja i-Volution arrives today and will be lonely...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Palm was dead on with my order. Ordered my unlocked Graphite afer 8 pm ET on Tues and was promised that it was available and I'd get the free overnight shipping. The order took a day to process which didn't surprise me and I got my Ship Confirmation e-mail Wed afternoon and my 680 was delivered to me in Maryland the next day on Thursday (along with my free mobile music pro kit of course).

I don't know why they seem to be having problems fulfilling their older orders but they seem to right on schedule with the new ones. Now if only I can get it up and running without completely screwing up my Outlook data a couple of times I'll really be thrilled - but that's another thread.
    Jornada, Cingular Unlocked 650, ROW 680, Tilt, next?
    I finally got a deal on a 680 I could not refuse through Business Premier - $149.99 with 1 year contract and I got a free Sony Ericsson z525a for my wife and free overnight shipping! But just my luck, the damn FEDEX plane has a mechanical at their Memphis hub so I may not get the package until tonite or tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Well after another call to customer support, I received an equally useless email a couple hours later saying that my order could not be processed, no explanation (see below). So I called again and was informed the problem had to do with my credit card. Palm then sent me an email to that effect. I called my bank, Wachovia, who told me that there was no indication on the account that Palm or anyone had tried to get authorization to charge it. Well after digging a little further, I realized that I had used the wrong phone number on my order. I then placed a new order and got the "Order Processing" email within 12 hours. I hope this means it will be shipped soon...

Thank you for contacting Customer Support at www.store.palm.com.

Please contact the phone number provided on the back of your credit
    card for further information or you could contact us at 1-800-881-7256.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and
    thank you again for contacting Customer Support at www.store.palm.com.

Sincerely,

Jose D.
    Customer Service Representative
    Customer Support at www.store.palm.com

If you have additional questions, please visit our online Help Desk.

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    Can you please offer an explanation, e.g. Out-of-stock etc.? Is there
    something I can do?

-----Original Message-----
    Date: Friday, Dec 8, 2006 3:06 pm
    Subject: Important Notice about order XXXX
    To: Reply- customersupport@STORE.PALMONE.COMTo:
    XXXXX

Dear Keith:

We regret to inform you that we are unable to complete your order.
    We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Your satisfaction is very important to us. If you have any questions
    about your order, call Customer Service at 1-800-881-7256. We will be
    more than happy to assist you.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this
    may have caused if this action was taken in error.

Best regards,

Customer Service

Palm, Inc.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    So Palm customer support just replied asking me to call in to re-submit my original order. I replied that I had tried so previously but was told that the order was already canceled and that I needed to place a new one, which I did...
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast