1.    #1  
    with being able to change roms and all, would it be possible to load the rom and OS from a 700 into a 650? I am bummed that I cant use a WIFI Cad in my phone. the arguement that people would use voip doesn't fly because they allow WIFI in the other new fones and there is still no way to regulate WIFI usage on those fones. Maybe Palm will come out with a software patch and or drivers to allow our 650s to use the new WIFI cards. Has anybody tied loading the rom from a 700 into a 650? Steve
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    No.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    There are many threads on this board that discuss the reasons why this isn't possible. Take the time to read them and you'll have the answer to your question.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    that would assume you could use wifi on the 70 which you cannot.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    that would assume you could use wifi on the 70 which you cannot.
    I just visited the Palm store and specifically say that their wifi card is made for the 700w and 700wx including some other models of Palm products.
    Quote Originally Posted by av8shunmeckanec View Post
    I just visited the Palm store and specifically say that their wifi card is made for the 700w and 700wx including some other models of Palm products.
    And? Please learn how to search.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    And? Please learn how to search.
    Wow!! Thanks for the suggestions guys. Ive never used a chat forum before. Anyway. I was on my slow@$$ Sprint phone, so searching was not an option. While I was at work I got the idea and decided to post. Once the 700 Blazer is hacked and we can use the highspeed browser, wont Sprint ask questions when you try to add PowerVision to your plan for a phone that isnt capable of PowerVision? You can stop telling me to search now.

What was the "and?" about? I quoted nightlight as saying the wifi card doesnt work in a 700 when it clearly does. Unless the Palm site writing incorrect information.
    the 700w is NOT palmos like the 650. The drivers are completely different and not portable across. The 700p which IS palm is not capable of wifi sdio cards either without a hacked driver. The end result is, they don't for whatever reason want to release this. They can make it work, I have proved that, it's a matter of they don't want to for whatever reason (not enough time, technical difficulties, time/cost/benefit says dont, etc).
    He's so good, he's going to port the Windows imMobile driver to Palm.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    IMHO it's the carriers who don't want Wifi. Why would they? Free internet access and skype across it??? How do they make money giving you a device that bypasses their data and voice systems? Aside from that, Treos can use Bluetooth Networking, and believe me, it works well and fast! I am very disappointed that new GSM Treos still don't have UMTS... Will have to wait for that!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    LOL.
    Want WiFi on a 650? Use the Enfora WiFi Brick...er I mean Sled. I'm fooling around with a beta of the new firmware (v3.05) right now, and hopefully it'll allow connection to some newer networks that I've had troubles with on my Treo, but no problemo on my LifeDrive.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Maybe that's what he'll reveal to us in his 10th post. ROTFLMAO

He's also going to make his 650 EVDO-capable by just "hacking" Blazer.